Author Topic: Undertale Discussion (PACIFIST SPOILERS)  (Read 10597 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona: Red Fox
Undertale Discussion (PACIFIST SPOILERS)
« on: November 13, 2015, 12:55:28 AM »
For now, this is the only other thread I'll be making on the game. I'm still working my way through the other route. I get the feeling most people just watched let's plays, because the amount of art relating to that route feels disproportional to the number of people likely to complete it. But anyway, enough about that for now, let's talk about Pacifist.

If you've NOT completed the true ending, the Pacifist route, turn away now! Knowing the information within will drastically change your discovery of the game and affect your enjoyment.
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
Re: Undertale Discussion (PACIFIST SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 01:03:17 AM »
So. Yeah. This game. It was just... such a surprise and joy to play. I knew about it for a while but while I was piddling around, learning about the demo and such, checking out the art on FA when there was only a few pages worth... the game exploded. Culturally, that is. I feel ashamed that I wasn't ahead of the curve on such a furry-friendly game.

I've made it through Pacifist and some of my favorite moments were the Flowey fight at the end of the game, and the Asriel conversation back where you first fell into the RUINS. Plus the secret Mettaton backstory. Oh, and then there's the 'date' sequences that are just so wtf that it's amazing. Going into this game almost completely blind was so wonderful...

Also, the music, nnnng. Spider Dance is a wonderfully fun tune. Probably my favorite followed by Dummy, though Undyne's battle music is very emotionally memorable. NOTE: I have NOT listened to Megalovania yet. No talking about that here.

On the sneeze side of things, stuff could be done with Flowey.......... Teleportation + 'evil' + 'sunflower thing' lol. Would be fun to have him pester Toriel or maybe one of the dog characters. I'm pretty sure Doggo would be of interest to others here.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Offline Paws

• Finder of Obscurities
  • Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
  • A hundred people’s ninth favorite thing
  • Fursona: Pig
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »
Just made it through the Asriel fight & subsequent dialogue, and... wow. I gotta say, I'm really impressed by what's gone into this game. I've never had an experience in gaming quite like this one -- it just felt so fresh and unique, with those well-placed undertones of creepiness. I've been glued to this game since Sunday night, and I really am glad I played through. Now I want to go and explore all the alternate routes!! Though I don't know if I could handle another fight with Photoshop Flowey just yet.

Dummy! is probably my favorite track in the game, though the music in the Temmie Village made me laugh when I first heard it. Actually, almost everything having to do with Temmie gets a giggle out of me. That thing really is strange. x'D

Toriel in a sneezy situation would be really great!! I'm also really interested in Catty and Alphys; the latter is strange for me. Reptilians usually aren't my bag, but gosh... it's the stutter that gets me. >w>
Oink!

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 11:42:59 PM »
You made it! &subsequent dialogue meaning back at the Ruins, yes? :3

And yes. So much awesome. So much shock. It's just... yay. Glad you had fun; pretty much everyone manages to get a shockingly wonderful experience. Except broken people and non-gamers. XD Omega Flowey is a very strange fight, though the second time I fought him, I didn't die even once. :3

I'd be more interested in Catty, Alphys, and Toriel, but they're all a little beyond my body type preference, Toriel being the better of them. :P Undyne has the body but ohjeez that face. XDDDD Could always make Lesser Dog sneeze, and the build-up would make its neck longer? ;P

Offline oneofthree

• Teller of Tales
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
  • Fursona: Clydesdale. Feathered hooves
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 12:11:36 AM »
Tooooriiieeellll <3

I could never, ever bring myself to do the... 'other' route.  I reset the game when I accidentally killed toriel trying to weaken her enough to spare her... that was a dirty trick, how they make you think that will work.  XD
Life keeps me busy, I am rarely around here anymore, but pop in on occasion.
My elephant braiding her hair avatar by Moko

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 01:22:18 AM »
Oh definitely. The frogs purposely mislead you to slaughtering her, and then Flowey is like MMMHM, THATS RIGHT! You COULD have saved her but NAAAAH, you're EVIL! So most people will quit and try to figure out how to save her, haha. Very elegantly done, how they set that one up. Especially since it shows you that the game KNOWS things by doing it. It's honestly one of the main emotional hooks, to trick you there and then show off how much it pays attention to, heh.

Offline Paws

• Finder of Obscurities
  • Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
  • A hundred people’s ninth favorite thing
  • Fursona: Pig
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 02:50:02 AM »
Oh definitely. The frogs purposely mislead you to slaughtering her, and then Flowey is like MMMHM, THATS RIGHT! You COULD have saved her but NAAAAH, you're EVIL! So most people will quit and try to figure out how to save her, haha. Very elegantly done, how they set that one up. Especially since it shows you that the game KNOWS things by doing it. It's honestly one of the main emotional hooks, to trick you there and then show off how much it pays attention to, heh.

This actually happened to one of my best friends (who was kind of my IRL "push" to finally buy the game). She and her boyfriend are doing a run together where she does the puzzles while he battles, but they accidentally killed Toriel the first time around. She was so distraught when Flowey brought it up after they re-did the fight and spared her, as well as that comment of "You think about telling her that you saw her die."
Oink!

Offline oneofthree

• Teller of Tales
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
Another heart wrencher... I had a bit of trouble with Asgore. I had fun telling him how many times ... Wait hang on. -edits- I had a bit of trouble with A S G O R E and I enjoyed telling him how many times her killed me. After ten, it changed to "You tell Asgore he's killed you too many times to count. He nods piteously." XD I was hoping it would lower his attack.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »
No but I'm an item hoarder and Pie ~did~ lower his attack. I wasn't surprised.

Offline oneofthree

• Teller of Tales
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 10:24:06 PM »
I saved that pie all game but I SHOULD have saved my spider donut.  She took ALL my money.  But yeah... ButtsPie

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 11:53:06 PM »
Whaaat? You mean you couldn't survive her onslaught normally??? :O

Sure it's much easier that way but meh! You'll never survive Genocide. :P

Offline oneofthree

• Teller of Tales
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 03:22:24 PM »
Wait, you don't have to pay her to end the fight? after 15 turns, I figured it was just going to go on forever unless I paid her.

Offline OmegaZX1215

• Fresh Flower
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 05:22:55 AM »
This game made me feel feels I didn't even know I could feel, then I immoderately goooooooot dunked on
- Moved to PSF -