Author Topic: [F + Pokemon + Non-Anthro] Hide and Go Sneeze  (Read 9730 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Strangecuriosity

• Fresh Flower
  • Fursona: Grizzly Bear
[F + Pokemon + Non-Anthro] Hide and Go Sneeze
« on: July 04, 2017, 09:22:07 PM »
Hehe... Heeey peeps!

Welp, I'm new here, aaaaand I'm writing my first ever sneeze-fic..... I've written things here and there, but never something like this... Mostly because I claim to not have the fetish, and then I'm feeling things here and there and now there may be a chance I'm at least curious.....

Damnnit I'm so confusing.... I need to run tests....

Anywho (while I'm dying on the inside and on the verge of having a 'storytime breakdown' :-X), this my first story! Hope you like it! Critisism is welcome!

Summertime was in the air on Bayside Forest. The winds were getting warmer within the borders of the forest (although the winds at the beach was always several degrees cooler), the sun was getting hotter, and the berries were close to being at their peak of freshness. Shine the Luxray laid on the sand with a content sigh, flicking her curled tail lazily as she absorbed the sun's rays. Even though she had fur the Luxray was keen to the heat. She loved the heat so much some of her companions even compared her to a Fire type every now and then. Laying in between her paws was her young and dear companion Lavinia the Deino. She and Shine were very close friends to one another, and they rarely separated from each other.
Being a Dragon type had granted Lavinia tolerance of the heat, which came in handy from time to time. She could lay in Shine's paws all day, but she felt like playing a game, like most young Pokemon did.

"Oh Shine, I like sitting in the sun with you, but when are we going to go play? The sand is getting in my fur," the young Dragon stated, lifting her fluffy tail as to prove a point. Shine looked down at the multiple granules of sand dropping from Lavinia's tail and chuckled.

"You don't like sitting with me anymore Little One? You want to play on your own?" Shine asked with a false downhearted tone of voice. Lavinia gasped and stood on her paws, looking up to the Luxray with stutters and stumbles.

"No! I-I like sitting with you! I j-just... It's just that-" Shine interfered quickly with a light tap of her paw.

"No no! Calm down Little One, I'm teasing you. Of course we can go play. But you do have to remember that not everyone is so keen to the heat as we are," Shine mentioned with a small nod of her head. Shine was referring to the rest of the group, who were either in the cabins in their heat-induced sleep, or were simply too irritated to do anything but focus on keeping themselves cool and from lashing out to whoever was unfortunate enough to interact with them.

Shine closed her eyes and kept this in mind as she stretched out in the sand. Shine's ears perked up when she thought of an idea, and opened her eyes to an eager Lavinia. "I know who we can play with," Shine said with a small smile, "We just need to find them first so we can-" almost as if the gods were answering her thoughts, Shine smelled the distant smells of feline and canine. With a smile, Shine wrapped her tail around Lavinia and sat the little dragon on her back, taking off towards the sounds with slight haste.

After a few minutes, the smells meshed with sounds: roars and snarls and barks filled the air. Curious, Shine slowed down and slunk behind a bush, peeking her head out to see a male Pyroar and Arcanine fighting each other. The two Fire types were constantly spitting fire and increasing the air around them, resulting in the leaves around them wilting and the air around them waving and blurring their shape. Shine chuckled and watched the scene amusingly, and it went on for a good few minutes before the Pyroar swiped at the Arcanine's flank, making him yelp and trip on his paws. He fell down like an overgrown pup, confirming the victory of the Pyroar. He laughed in teasing yet cute way (Shine's eyes anyway), making Shine sigh slightly as she stared.

"Haha! Won again! That's three for three! You owe me some Pecha berries," the fire lion stated with a tap. The dog was going to say something but Shine came out of her bush with a chuckle.

"Well well! Looks like felines are better fighters than canines... Maybe next time Jacob," Shine said as she flicked her tail in front of the fire dog's snout. He snorted and growled lowly, but stopped himself when both Shine and the Pyroar took a light glare at him. The Pyroar was first to speak up.

"Hehe... Hey Shine. You saw the whole thing? We were just sparing a bit. What's up with you? I thought you were going to stay by the water."

"Well I was, but then I came over here to find you. So, you guys want to play a game?" Shine asked as she sat down. The Pyroar tilted his head curiously, chuckling as he glanced at Shine.

"No offense Shine, but you normally don't play games. Not unless you have -"

"Me?"

Lavinia's voice came from behind Shine, prompting the two Fire types to cock their heads curiously. Lavinia popped her head out of Shine's mane with a giggle, making Shine giggle and smile at her. "Yes, Lavinia's with me. So, you guys up for a couple of games? I'm pretty sure Jacob is done being beaten by you," Shine teased, earning a growl from the dog once more.

"Whatever! Peter cheated last time, but that's besides the point.... Yeah, I'll play," the Arcanine said with a huff.

"Yeah and I'll play too!" Peter eagerly agreed.

Shine flicked her ears with a smile. "Great! Now it's up to Lavinia to decide on the game. Tell me what game you want to play," Shine promted as she cocked her ear back to hear Lavinia's whispers. It took a few seconds, but the small dragon had decided, and whispered the result in Shine's ear. A small spark danced on the Luxray's fur as she let the answer swirl in her head, feeling excitement even before she said the words aloud. Peter prompted Shine to speak what the answer was, to which her response was:

"Hide and Seek."

AN:
Welp, sorry for those who were waiting for the you-know-what  :P... I had all this content in my head and I didn't want to shove it all in one mass of words. It will certainly happen in the next part though  :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 07:49:07 PM by Furry-Sneezes »

Offline Y31

• Mischievous little kitty
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
  • Too creative for his own good
  • Fursona: Housecat
Re: Hide and Go Sneeze [F/Pokemon/Non-Anthro]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:01:02 PM »
Hm.  I'd like to see where this goes.  Looking forward to a sneezy Shine.  :3

Also, thanks for introducing me to Pyroar.

Offline Chikara

• Canid Leaders
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:26:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Strangecuriosity

• Fresh Flower
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 09:44:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Oh thanks... Chelloo!

Hm.  I'd like to see where this goes.  Looking forward to a sneezy Shine.  :3

Also, thanks for introducing me to Pyroar.

Thanks! And you're welcome ^^/
I suppose I wanted to hold out as long as possible for some reason.... Does anyone else do that?  ::)

Offline Strangecuriosity

• Fresh Flower
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 07:58:03 AM »
Alright! So, this is da second part... I hope y'all enjoy it!

"Hide and Seek? Hmmm... I think it's a fun idea.... Heh, seems like you like the suggestion very much so Shine," Peter said with a sly face.

Shine perked her ears and shifted her head to the side a little bit, as if it would deny the excitement in her body. But the action would betray the sparks that zipped around her body. "Humph..... It's a decent game," Shine tried to say with a nonchalant voice. But as the group knew, whenever Shine was excited about something, her fur often sparked lightly in resoponse. Oftentimes, Shine's emotions and reactions to different things were easily read just by looking at her fur, which annoyed Shine despite how much she tried to hide it.

"Okay Shine. Whatever you say. Alright, we need to choose who's going to be it.... Any ideas?" Peter asked as he sat down. After a few failed suggestions, Shine came up with one.

"I have an idea! Alright you two, walk back a few paces," Shine stated as she backed away a few pawsteps. Jacob cocked his head and growled in confusion. After a small glare, Jacob sighed and took a few paces back, as did Peter. After she did so, she told Lavinia to walk to the center of the three as best as she could, and stay as the three turned around leaving Lavinia to see their tails. With a smile, Shine then told them to sit down while Lavinia turned around a few times, then randomly bite down on a tail without any thought. Whoever she bit would be it. After a bit of thought, it was agreed upon, and within a minute, Lavinia had chosen Peter fair and square.

The young Dragon excitedly bounced around and wagged her black fluffy tail as she went to Shine, while Jacob quietly cheered to himself that he wasn't it. "Alright Peter, you're it! Stay here and count to twenty. No peeking or else you're going to get it Peter!" Shine said as she lifted Lavinia with her tail and placed her on her back. Once he began counting, Shine and Jacob took off into the forest, running side to side for only a few seconds before looking to each other with a nod, then breaking off to their seperate ways. Lavinia giggled as Shine ran past trees and around bushes, looking for the perfect place to hide both herself and the young dragon.
After what seemed like a long time, Shine slowed down to take a breather. Lavinia whimpered a little and nudged Shine's ear.

"Shiiiine, we're gonna get caught!" the young Dragon whined as she looked back with a nervous glance. Shine shook her head and looked back to Lavinia as she passed along the forest floor.

"Not to worry there Little One. I'll find a hiding place before Peter finds us," Shine reassured with a soft voice before facing front. Surely enough, shortly after Shine said her sentence, a promising hiding spot presented itself: a mossy hollow log. And a large one at that. Shine cocked her head and padded up to it, sticking her head in the hollow ejtrencd to see if anyone resided. From what she saw, it wasn't occupied, and the width was just large enough for Shine to crawl through - a tight fit.

Lavinia wriggled out of Shine's mane and jumped down to the log, excited that a hiding spot had been found. Shine hesitated and nearly opted against it, but she then thought she heard the faint voice of Peter saying "twenty!". If this was true, then Shine had no more time left to go somewhere else. It was decided for her: time to hide in the log. Lavinia bounced excitedly as she ventured deeper within the log, while Shine focused on backing her large body inside the creaking space and not bring too much attention to herself. Once securely inside the log, Shine's more playful and competitive side came around, making her smile as she anticipated Peter's presence - she and Lavinia were gonna outlast Jacob in this game, and nothing was going to make it otherwise. Lavinia hurriedly ran out the other opening of the log and dashed through some flowered bushes, then dashed tight back in the log in front of Shine. The young dragon giggled at Shine's smile, seeing Shine's demeanor and following suit in emotion.

"We're gonna hide the longest aren't we Shine?" Lavinia asked with an innocent glance. Shine nodded her head and wiggled her ears in response.

"Yes we are. Now let's be quiet okay?"

~~~~~~

It was a long while for the two Pokemon to hide, but their excitement and patience helped them wear on through the silence.... And of course, Lavinia playing with her tail. Shine casually lifted her nose in the air as scents wafted in the log. "Oh it smells nice over here. Like... Pecha berries," Shine mentioned with a small sniff in the air.

"Oh really? I didn't notice. But I guess it was because of the berry bushes next to the log," Lavinia said with a paw pointing at the side of the log, as if the bushes were inside the log with them. Shine blinked and activated her X-Ray vision to see the bushes, then went to her normal vision after seeing the nearby shrubbery.

"Well then, you're right. They are a lovely-" Shine stopped herself when she heard a twig snap in the distance. Her ears perked forwards and the body tensed up, senses tuned in to the sounds outside the log. Lavinia knew something was happening, and instead of asking what it was, Lavinia decided to find out herself. She quietly crawled to the entrance to the log, hoping not to break Shine's concentration as she tried to see outside. Shine used her X-Ray vision to see past the log, and quickly found Peter walking in their direction! He was alone, which suggested that he was still looking for everyone, so --

"Lavinia!" Shine whispered as she saw the small dragon begin to peek her head out to see who was approaching them. But before she could do it all the way, Shine had managed to crawl herself forward a few inches and reach a paw out to drag the young Pokemon closer to her, effectively hiding the dragon as the fire lion padded closer to them.
Shine found herself terribly close to the entrance of their hiding spot, and struggled greatly to scoot backwards as quietly as possible. Peter lifted his head to scan the area, hoping to find a clue of some sort, and ended up getting closer and closer to the log. At one point, Peter approached the log, making Shine and Lavinia think the worst. Shine was about to concede defeat, and right when she opened her mouth to say something, Peter turned around and sat down...

A few feet in front of the log! Shine's eyes widened in shock -- they still hadn't been found yet! Both the Deino and Luxray rejoiced mentally as they were safe once more. Shine relaxed a little more and tilted her head down; and just when she moved her head down, Peter's tail lifted up and swished across her nose. Shine huffed and ignored the initial action, waiting for the tail to withdraw on its own. But it didn't seem to be the case, as the red fur continued its light brushing across Shine's pink nose. In annoyance, she wriggled her nose to get the fur away from her, but it only aided the innocent swishing. Unfortunately, the small movement triggered a small tickle in her nose, making it tremble a little. A small reflexive sniff made the tip of the tail dance within her nostril, increasing the ticklish sensation that was slowly building.

Shine quietly gasped and strained to keep herself still, making Lavinia look up in confusion as Shine tried to keep herself from sniffing again. It was so hard not to -- when was holding back reflexive body reactions ever easy? Another sniffle made the tail fluff go in a bit further, making the tickle focus on the time of her nostril. A small hitch escaped Shine's mouth, and her nose scrunched up a small bit as the fluff continued its movement.
The fluff flickered even more, however, it seemed not not have been from Shine's breathing. Peter seemed to have heard the small breath from somewhere, and he moved slowly in hopes of hearing it again. He stood up and walked forward, releasing the tail fluffy from Shine's nostril and allowing her to move her head again, but now she had to keep from breathing too hard.

Lavinia shuffled a little to see what her friend's problem was, and noticed the feline's nose. "Shine? Are you going to... Sneeze?" Lavinia whispered with a small whine. "You can't sneeze, not now! Peter's still here," the Deino urged. Shine shook her head to dismiss the question, though the struggle was still somewhat apparent.
"N-no.... Er, I'm trying not to... St-t-upid t-tail... hih-h..." Shine muttered as she watched Peter's slow movements. He searched for the sound for only a minute before Peter flicked his ears and lifted his head, then dashed back into the forest, taking his tickly tail with him.

Shine sighed a shaky breath of relief in happiness that Peter had gone, but the feeling was short lived for the sensation growing in her nose. The tickly feeling had grown to both sides of her nose, and the tickle was difficult to defuse. Shine rubbed her nose with her paw and on her arm, but the feeling wouldn't go away. Sparks on Shine's fur began to dance and zap as the sneeze built, small, but still making noise on the feline's body.

"I... I.... *sniff* .... Feel like... *sniiiff*... But I don't want to..." Shine struggled to say as her nostrils flared in and out.

Lavinia kept her gaze on the underside of Shine's chin, gradually feeling the soft zaps of the sparks dancing around her. Being a Dragon type once again granted her the resistance of electricity and it's effects, which made the sparks feel amusingly tingly as they made contact with her fur and skin.  Despite that, she whimpered and tapped Shine's chest, which was moving quite often due to her breathing, and told her it was okay to let it go now that Peter was gone.

"But.... I... I don't want to.... I... I... Hih-hh..." Shine struggled to keep herself breathing normally - she was in a small area and stuck with Lavinia - the last thing she wanted to do was to get Lavinia hurt.

But Lavinia was gently insistent on it. "Shine, you'll feel better, and besides, I'm going to be fine. I promise," the small Deino urged as she nosed her snout under Shine's chin. The Luxray shook her head in protest, but it seemed as if her body was making the choice on its own.

"No... I-I don't want to... Want to... To.... AAAAA-CHOOOO!"

Oh goodness.... It's even longer than the last one, but I suppose I don't give a frick..... Oh well xP

The time to do this was elongated due to me flustering myself when it actually came to writing the actual sneeze part xP
Sorry, I guess this was more harder to do than I thought it would be ;~;

Offline Y31

• Mischievous little kitty
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
  • Too creative for his own good
  • Fursona: Housecat
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »
Aww, bless her.

I don't suppose all her electric fur fluffs up with that sneeze?   ;D

Offline Strangecuriosity

• Fresh Flower
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 04:46:05 PM »
Aww, bless her.

I don't suppose all her electric fur fluffs up with that sneeze?   ;D

;3
Hehe, not as much as it comically could be... But for the others, it is a different story  ;)

Offline Strangecuriosity

• Fresh Flower
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 07:17:13 PM »
Omfg I am so sorry for this ridiculous gap! My nervousness and self-flustering kept screwing me, even though I wanted to finish this in a timely matter... I need to learn to suck up my hesitation and just type my stuff down >-<

Okay... So third part! Never thought I'd make a three part story for my first time doing this.... Tell me your thoughts and constructive criticism!

"Eeeeck!"

Lavinia stumbled backwards as spray and sparks from Shine bombarded her at the same time. The spray caught her by surprise when it made contact with her head and back fur, but the sparks that zipped to her body shocked her, backed by a bit of power from unintentional concentration. The Deino shook herself with a small whimper, sparks still crackling around her body. While Lavinia had her share of electric shocks from Shine and the kits, this small increase of power wasn't what she was used to.
The whimper made Shine, who had just finished in recovering from the sneeze, open her eyes and see Lavinia, whose fur was a bit puffed out from the electricity. The sight could have been comical if seen as such, but all Shine felt was worry and slight regret.

"Oh no! Lavinia are you okay? I'm so sorry," Shine asked as she leaned her head forward to see Lavinia's body. Hearing the worry laced in Shine's voice, Lavinia tried to reassure her with a tap on her paw.

"I'm okay Shine, really. It just... surprised me is all. It's not your fault that you had to sneeze, so don't worry about it. Okay?" Lavinia said with a pleading look in her face. Shine wasn't fully convinced that she hadn't hurt Lavinia, even a little bit, but she wasn't willing to try and coax her to say otherwise. She sighed and nodded her head softly before laying her head down on her paws, her eyes still furled with concern.

"Okay Lavinia. If you say so."

Lavinia sighed inwardly as Shine settled down a little. The sparks did hurt for a moment, but she would never say that to Shine - hurting Lavinia (even if it was on accident) was one of the only things that made Shine feel bad and conscious of her actions. Why make her sad when they were trying to play and win a game? She might've misdirected Shine once, but if it happened again, it won't be as easy to shake off. With a sigh, Lavinia turned around and sat at the mouth opening of the log, keeping an eye out for Peter and Jacob.

~~~~~~

A short amount of time passed before Lavinia heard voices in the forest. She stood up on her paws and narrowed her eyes with a competitive snort, making sure she was hidden enough from view. Just after Shine suggested that she back up for good measure, the voices grew more clearer. Surely enough, the voices, followed by the bodies, of Peter and Jacob came back into view as they passed the trees, making both the Luxray and Deino tense up and fall back into their previous competitive and playful demeanors.

'Oooh... Jacob has been caught! Now we have to wait for Peter to either find us or give up!' Shine thought with an amused chuckle. Her ears perked up as Jacob's voice spoke up in what seemed like frustration.

"Oh Arceus.... This is ridiculous! How come I am the first one to be caught! Did Shine tell you to find me first?" The Arcanine asked with a low growl. Peter scoffed and shook his head.

"Jacob I can't believe you just asked me that. Now why would I leave Shine and go right to you? You know she likes a good bit of suspense and anticipation in a game like this," Peter said as he looked up a leafy tree. Jacob scoffed and padded over to the mossy log, randomly tapping it with various parts of his body.

"No I didn't know what, and it's weird that you know it."

"Hey! Hold up a moment! Why does it have to be weird?" Peter asked with a flaming huff. Jacob reared his head back with a small smirk and laid down next to the log, moving the half rotten wood with creaks and slight shifts, startling the two hiding Pokemon and having them huddle together as the wood dust fell from the top parts of the log. The Arcanine waved a paw up and pointed it at Peter.

"Because it is. You don't see me telling stuff about other folks in a conversation."

"That's because you don't know that many folks to talk about," Peter teased as he padded behind a tree trunk. Shine strained to not snicker too loud as Jacob was shut down again, growling lowly as he tapped his tail on the log. He wasn't going to help Peter in finding Shine; he liked watching Peter struggle to find a larger feline when she could be hiding right in front of him.

Shine and Lavinia were filled with excitement - they didn't know when Peter might looking here and find them. It was a miracle that he didn't look in here in the first place. As Peter looked for Shine and Lavinia, Jacob opted on laying down and lazily wave his tail around, making more wood dust fell from over Shine's head. The dust was annoying - falling on her back and ears, dust falling on her paws and tail.... Dust falling on her snout and nose. Crossing her eyes to see dust falling on her snout, Shine made sure to hold her breath  she shook the dust off her, growling in her head as she glared at the Arcanine on her left side through the log.

'Stop tapping the log you overgrown pup,' Shine thought as she dusted her snout with her paw. After a minute, the thumping stopped; Lavinia peeked out from under Shine's head and whispered if everything was alright. Shine assumed it was and nodded, allowing herself to inhale for a sigh of relief.

But it was unfortunately convenient to the moment when Peter came back from the bushes, making Jacob wag his tail a little, which in turn made some wood dust fell down to her nostrils. When Shine inhaled, she sucked them up in her nose, making a tickle form in her nose. She gasped and reflexively snorted, but the sensation had already been settled in her nose. Lavinia looked up with a small look of confusion.

"Shine? Are you alright?"

Shine's only response was her panting softly from her mouth, trying to avoid breathing through her nose and stirring up the irritants within.

"I'm... Fine. Just... Great," Shine replied with a shaky voice. Lavinia couldn't help but think something was wrong, but Peter and Jacob were still nearby. She couldn't speak too much or else they'd be found.

"I can't find them anywhere. They're good at hiding. Shine sure picked a good spot," Peter commented as he sat right in front of the entrance of the log. Lavinia backed away and moved under Shine, who was steadily struggling on keeping her breaths even.

"Hah. Yeah. You gonna give up? They're not going to come out until you say that you're done looking. Give up, they're probably hiding in some tall tree and laughing at you," Jacob teased. Peter scoffed and pointed a paw.

"They're gonna be laughing at you too! You got caught first!" Peter retorted. All while this was happening, Shine's breathing got more and more harder to control. She eventually was forced to breathe through her nose from too much stimulation, and she snorted roughly, startling the Deino with a short gasp. Both the Pyroar and Arcanine lifted their ears at the noise, wondering where it was coming from.

"What was that?"

"I don't know... Come on, let's go search," Peter said as he dashed into the forest once more. Jacob got up and went after him this time, leaving the two in the log once more. When the coast was clear, Lavinia sighed in relief, which was short lived when something dripped on her head. She looked up to see a little bit of Shine's nostrils - shiny wet from the moisture inside them. The Deino crawled from under Shine and stood in front of the sniffling Luxray.

"Shine! I thought you said you was okay! You're sniffling and dripping over me!" Lavinia whined as she wiped her head with a paw. Shine lowered her ears as she tried to speak clearly.

"I-I know... I'm sorry La-*sniff*-vinia..." Shine rubbed her nose repeatedly with a paw, but it didn't help the tickle that was deep in her nasal cavity. Her breath constantly hitched, and at this point her fur began to spark energy just a smidge. Lavinia didn't want Shine to sneeze again - not with what happened earlier. She decided to prevent Shine from sneezing - just until the game was over.

"Shine.... Lemme help you," Lavinia offered as she lifted her upper body and placed her smaller paws on Shine's nose. The scrunching nose slowly stopped quivering and calmed down for the moment, which helped with the Luxray's breathing. No sooner had she calmed Shine's nose, Peter and Jacob came out of the forest, even more frustrated than the first time.

Peter went on a short rant on how they couldn't find the two anywhere, and Jacob somewhat complained and somewhat teased him for being unable to find them. Both Lavinia and Shine begged for Peter to say that he gave up, so they can finally be out of the log and go back home.

"L-Lavinia... You smell of.. Of.... I can't h-hold it much longer," Shine stammered as she felt another tickle spead in her nose. She reflexively sniffed once more, increasing the tickle several times more.
Lavinia began to grow worried - why was it not working? It had been working all this time... Was the sneeze too big now? And what did she smell of? Lavinia's gaze then drifted from the scrunching muzzle to her own paws. Squinting her eyes, the Little One saw small grains of yellow on her black paws. Lifting a paw to her own nose, Lavinia sniffed lightly, catching the scent of sweet flowers. Suddenly it dawned on her - earlier in the day she had ran through that flower bush, twice! The pollen must be all over her body. She looked back and sure enough, there were little patches of yellow all over her black and blue body. Her tail, her paws, her chest... It was all over! Maybe that's what was irritating Shine's nose.

Suddenly, a small tingling feeling began to make itself known in Lavinia's paws. Tilting her head, the Deino realized that the sparks were growing, and growing rather quickly. Shine's endurance was growing thin, which was a surprising thing considering Shine's endurance when it came to battles, and the sparks made it hard to keep the paws planted. Lavinia was torn - let Shine sneeze and end the game, or make her wait until the game as over? Hearing Peter and Jacob continue to argue made it seen as if the game might not end so voluntarily, and seeing the look in Shine's now tearing eyes showed how desperate she was in not doing so. All because she feared in hurting Lavinia. But Lavinia didn't want Shine to struggle anymore!

"Shine, I give up, you can sneeze now! We won the game already," Lavinia said with a sense of urgency. Shine shook her head with a sniff, determination in her eyes as she panted.

"No, I c-c-c-can wait long-g-ger. I-I-I-I don't want to hurt y-y-you," Shine argued.

"I can run away! Just do it, it's okay," Lavinia begged. Shine whimpered and strained to keep her sneeze in, but things were quickly falling out of her power. Eventually, due to the growing wetness on the edge of Shine's nostrils, one of Lavinia's pollen covered paws slipped in one of the black, quivering spaces, wiping the pollen on her irritated walls.

"Ack! *snort!* hiih-h... Hahh... Ahh-h..."

Shine started to build up involuntarily, which set off the sparks on her fur that were now gradually building. Lavinia quickly withdrew her paw from Shine's nose and wiped her paw on her own fur, but the sounds of Shine's gasping made her jerk her head up. She gulped nervously as she slowly backed away, but flinched in pain as the sparks still manage to reach her body. The little Deino needed to get out of the log now -- she had no other choice at this point.
Lavinia watched nervously as Shine's jaw grew slack, and ears flatten to her head as she rose it higher and higher. Eventually, she couldn't raise it any higher, and simply pressed her mane on the roof of the log.

"Ahhhh... AhHhh....Aaahhhhh..."

Lavinia left the moment the sparks were too much for her. She ran out of the log panting in a slight panic, keeping her gaze set on the green and brown log that was begunning to show yellow sparks. She then ran into something with a thud, making her fall back with a gasp. She had run into Jacob's legs, which made him stop arguing for a minute to see what had hit him. When he saw it to be Lavinia, he gave a quizzical growl while he lowered his head.

"Well this is a surprise. Aren't you supposed to be with Shine?" Jacob asked.

"Yes, but I came out here because she-"

"Because she's what? Is she hurt? Where is she?" Peter quickly interjected. Lavinia pointed at the log and tried to say that Shine wasn't hurt, but Peter was too hasty in his departure, dashing over to the entrance of the log to see if Shine was alright. Lavinia gasped and tried to run over to the fire lion to stop him, but Jacob held her back with a paw.

"Lavinia, what is the matter with you? Why are you trying so hard to stop Peter?" Jacob asked with concern. Lavinia pointed a paw out frantically as she spoke the answer as fast as she could.

"Because Shine's going to-"

"AAAA'CHIIEWWW! AAAAA'CHIIIEEEWWWW! HIH-HIICHEEW! AACKCHEWW! AH-AH-AAAHH! AHHH'HHCHEWWW!"

[A few moments earlier]

Shine tried her hardest to stave her sneeze, hitching helplessly while still under the impression that Lavinia was still with her. Her nostrils were widened as far as they could go, her nose was running and dripping constantly, her eyes were tearing up as they were shut tight, and her chest was even tighter. Shine didn't know how long she could take it before she was forced to release her sneeze. Then, right when it was at its most critical, when the nose was its most sneeziest and her fur was the most sparkiest, the sneeze was stopped at the last minute. Shine's face couldn't do anything more but a permanent pre-sneezy face, and she kept still for a moment.

But only for a moment.

"Shine! Are you okay?" Peter asked as he rushed himself inside the log, oblivious of the sparks zapping outside the log and the situation inside the log. Shine shifted and gasped in surprise - through her nose. Small grains of dust flew into her nose, and it was the little push needed to make Shine explode. She released a small fit of pent up sneezes, her fur doing the same with electricity. With every sneeze, her fur released a shock of electricity the equivalent of a Discharge attack. Smoke and dust from the electricity striking the ground rose and spread out, blocking the view of the Luxray, Pyroar, and the log.

When the fit ended, Shine was a sniffling, panting mess. The tickle and irritants in her nose were gone thank Arceus, and she could breathe normally again. Her fur sparked occasionally, but it was just a few stray sparks that would eventually calm down. But strangely enough, she felt a nose that didn't feel like Lavinia's, or at least not how she remembered it. Taking a couple of hesitant sniffs revealed that it didn't smell like her either. When the dust cleared a little, Shine saw a flat brown nose, making her gasp and lift her head up.... Wait, lift it up? She can lift her head? Looking around, Shine realized that she had broken the log up, making her blink in surprise.

"Oh dear.... Did I do this?" Shine sheepishly asked herself.

When the dust cleared all the way out, she looked in front of her only to gasp in shock - to her great embarassment, she realized that Peter was in front of her!

"Wow Shine. That's some sneezing. Bless you," the lion said with a small chuckle. But instead of a smile or a giggle, he only saw a flustered Shine, whose face went from its normal coloring to a deep red that could've rivaled Cheri berries, lowered ears that went really close to her head, and was stumbling backwards as she stuttered while speaking. What Peter didn't notice that Shine was abke to see so easily was that her electricity puffed out his fur! His mane was all frizzled and sparking, and the rest of his body was all fluffy as well. What did she do!?

"Oh Arceus I'm so sorry! I-I-I never meant to sneeze on you! I didn't know you were there and I-"

Peter rushed to stop Shine from talking and leaned into her. He was in shock when he saw Shine nearly in tears - she normally wasn't this quick to get so emotional. "Shine, calm down, it's alright. You couldn't help it, so it wasn't your fault. I'm alright see? You didn't hurt me," Peter said as he backed away a little. Shine sniffed and looked at the fluffy lion. After a few moments he gave a smile, which made Shine giggle a little.

"Hehe.... T-thanks.... But you are a bit fluffy you know," Shine muttered as she pointed at Peter's mane. He looked down and gave a short gasp, blinking in surprise as he looked all over his body. He looked twice as big and twice as spikey than normal.

"Oh wow, you're right. Well then, looks like you'll have an extra fluffy pillow to sleep on," Peter joked with a wink. Shine laughed and pushed him away, walking towards the middle of the small clearing where Jacob and Lavinia were staring silently. When the little dragon saw Shine coming she ran from Jacob, and went to the Luxray's legs to nuzzle them.

"I'm sorry for making you hold it for that long. I was just trying to help," Lavinia said with a small pout. Shine chuckled and picked the dragon up with her tail and nuzzled her head, reassuring her with a friendly smile.
"It wasn't your fault Little One. And besides, I kinda wanted to hold out on my own. At least we won the game," Shine said with a chuckle. Jacob tried to protest and say that he won the game, but with everyone saying otherwise, Jacob quickly lost the battle.

"Alright, let's go back home. I wanna do something that has to deal with water."

AN:
Pokemon is so wonderful to me - I just love watching the show and catching up on the latest news about new games or whatnot. Part of my wonderful memories of childhood stemmed from this thing. So [partly] the story is due to that. The other part is from the simple fact that I wanted to make small stories with my OC - Shine the Luxray. She's my go-to character if I was to do an Rp, and I just love playing as her (considering how she's partly fashioned in my likeliness).
This whole thing is within the universe of an Rp that I'm currently doing, so the characters and setting is stemmed off of that.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona: Red Fox
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 07:45:07 PM »
I actually gave most of the later parts of this a thorough read and found myself interested in a few of the approaches here. There's a nice youthful innocence when using 'beast' characters, and the hide and seek element allows for those 'unrealistic' holdbacks. :3 I appreciate that there's plenty of detail in each of the paragraphs, and that there's still decent interactions with the characters that are here. (Though tuning in later in the story made a few things less clear.) You also clearly had fun mixing in various elements of the Pokemon series as well.

Towards the end of reading it, I was thinking 'what sort of Pokemon idea would I enjoy reading' that was in this vein. My favorite Pokemon these days is still Braixen of course, but beyond that what sort of idea? I think... perhaps a Braixen suffering from a very sneezy cold. Perhaps not a messy one, but one where the nose tends to burn and tickle incessantly. And in her case, other things would be likely to burn, too. It's fun to think about.

PS: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=63023948 and http://sneezefurs.org/index.php?topic=858 We actually have two Luxray pieces which is a fairly high number all things considered. Heh.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:06:59 PM by Furry-Sneezes »
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!