Author Topic: Hiya!  (Read 11444 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline tarotgal

• Contributing Writer
  • Playful Wolf
Hiya!
« on: October 30, 2016, 03:37:49 AM »
Feels kind of odd to be introducing myself, but here we go :-) I wanted to join mostly to enjoy and thank y'all for some amazing stories and artwork. Guh. Seriously.

I'm not sure I'm into furries (though my eye has definitely been caught more than once at cons when someone's cosplaying and has a seductive swinging, fluffy tail...). But I'm definitely into non-human characters sneezing, especially when it's elephants (there was a story in my Highlights magazine when I was a kid about an elephant desperately wanting to catch cold so he'd miss school, and the image of that always stuck with me) or canines (my first ever written sneezefic/fanfic was Pound Puppies, back when I was a kid). I also adore just about anybody with an exaggerated, big, red nose full of cold or an adorably wrinkling, ticklish snout. Yes please on both counts. Odor of the Day still gets to me.

Anyway, hi! I'm suuuuuper nervous to be posting here (yeah, I know, but I AM), and just wanted to say hi and THANK YOU for the awesome collection of works! So much talent!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 03:40:29 AM by tarotgal »

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona: Red Fox
Re: Hiya!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 03:57:22 AM »
Hahaha, well I for one have to thank YOU. If it wasn't for your site, I doubt this one would exist. I always deeply respected the efforts of your archive in a time when the internet didn't have much stuff on it.

Amusingly enough, your site predated the furry fandom for me. At the time, dragons were a bigger interest for me when it came to sneezes than even considering the whole 'furry' thing. The funny thing is that your site brought me very close to the furry fandom on two different occasions, yet in my tunnel vision, I neglected to take note of the other content on VCL, or of the comic Ozy and Millie. It wasn't until Star Fox Adventures that I actually made a conscious recognition of my furry interests. Odd how that works.

I admit I still give a listen to your Sneeze-skit audio clips. They remain some of my favorite audio fetish material. Now that you've posted, I actually wanted to point you to a topic in the Members Only section about fursuits. Sadly, we have little in the way of skits for that, but it's still neat to think about.

All-in-all, I thought you'd dropped from the face of the internet, so it was a bit of a shocker to see your name on the registration list. Very glad to see you on the site, and I hope you enjoy some of the massive amounts of archived content that you previously did not have access to. :3
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline tarotgal

• Contributing Writer
  • Playful Wolf
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 04:40:22 AM »
All-in-all, I thought you'd dropped from the face of the internet, so it was a bit of a shocker to see your name on the registration list. Very glad to see you on the site, and I hope you enjoy some of the massive amounts of archived content that you previously did not have access to. :3

That's always so funny to me to hear, because I write just as much sneeze content as I ever did, I just mostly stick to my LJ with it.

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's always great to hear from someone who enjoyed TOS! And I totally get how sometimes it takes a while to put two and two together. There's a lot of things I always thought I wasn't into until I realized one that that I totally was :-)

Playstation man

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 04:47:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Hope you have an excellent time here.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 05:18:32 AM »
It was mostly just how the site eventually stopped getting updates, and then I moved on and made my own in similar spirit of preserving the nice stuff that's out there.

If you've got any suggestions or observations about the site, let me know. It's been a while since I've updated anything and stuff's quite the mess, but there's still a large amount of content to be found. :)

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Offline Chikara

• Canid Leaders
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 06:38:47 AM »
Hi and welcome.

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 09:09:29 PM »
hello and welcome to the site! :3

Offline Paws

• Finder of Obscurities
  • Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
  • A hundred people’s ninth favorite thing
  • Fursona: Pig
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 11:31:39 PM »
It's so nice to finally hear from you! I'll admit, after having seen your website long into stagnation by the time I finally acknowledged that this was a fetish, I never thought I'd be getting to talk to you. Thanks for showing up here, and enjoy your stay! :)
Oink!

Offline Y31

• Mischievous little kitty
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
  • Too creative for his own good
  • Fursona: Housecat
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 12:45:42 PM »
Somebody's being shy needlessly . . .

But I have to agree with Paws, I never expected to see you around here since you never indicated any "furry" leaning and your website sort of slowly languished and died.

Still, it's great to have you here!  Welcome!  Please don't be shy about catching up on commenting on anything that you like.

Offline tarotgal

• Contributing Writer
  • Playful Wolf
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 03:44:11 AM »
...your website sort of slowly languished and died.

... having seen your website long into stagnation...

It was mostly just how the site eventually stopped getting updates...

LOL Now I've gone from feeling shy to feeling like a completely incompetent website host. Thanks? But, hey, it makes me motivated to put some more time into updating my Realm (just not during NaNoWriMo, of course).

Offline tarotgal

• Contributing Writer
  • Playful Wolf
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 03:46:42 AM »
Thank you all for the welcome, though!

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 05:23:00 AM »
XDDDD Now now, we mean well and we really did have that site as a big part of our personal discoveries. :)

Offline Y31

• Mischievous little kitty
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
  • Too creative for his own good
  • Fursona: Housecat
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 08:26:40 AM »
To be fair, I can't remember if I found your site or this one first.  But I do know that the tarotrealm was a ghost town even back then.  So I signed up here.

Offline megacycle

• Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • Elder Dragon
  • My tennis balls are priceless!
  • Fursona: red wolf
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 02:14:52 AM »
It's nice to meet you, I remember discovering your site when browsing the web. It helped me discover my sneeze fetish. This place helped me discover my furry side. I've met a lot of great people here. I hope you enjoy your stay here with all of us.
I've got nothing important to say. I just wanted to type something in this box of my profile. I'm an egg short of a dozen. A puzzle without all the pieces. I'm crazy.

Offline tarotgal

• Contributing Writer
  • Playful Wolf
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 04:48:26 AM »
It's nice to meet you, I remember discovering your site when browsing the web. It helped me discover my sneeze fetish. This place helped me discover my furry side. I've met a lot of great people here. I hope you enjoy your stay here with all of us.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate it. I was just looking at your master list of commissions the other day--thanks for those!

Offline megacycle

• Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • Elder Dragon
  • My tennis balls are priceless!
  • Fursona: red wolf
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 05:02:25 AM »
You're welcome, I hope you enjoyed them. Be sure to comment on the post. I'd love to know which one of my commissions is your favorite.
I've got nothing important to say. I just wanted to type something in this box of my profile. I'm an egg short of a dozen. A puzzle without all the pieces. I'm crazy.

Offline LK

• Fresh Flower
  • Fursona: Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 05:56:50 PM »
Just popping over from livejournal land to say Hi there!  I see what you mean. Love the cute little kitten category you're in right now with your current post count.  Ok back to quietly sitting in the shadows for me.  :)

Offline AMTW03

• Benevolent Writing Dragon
  • Elder Dragon
  • Fursona: Wolf
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 04:06:05 AM »
I wasn't totally sure until I saw this that you were THE tarotgal. ;D  Lol, I remember finding your website when I was younger.  So glad that you're here!  Thanks for contributing with your stories.  Have been loving them so far! :)

Offline IceTheHusky

• Playful Wolf
  • Fursona: Siberian husky
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 04:15:06 AM »
It is nice meeting you, tarotgal. Your site help me understand that there were other people out there that have the same feelings for sneezing that I have. And for that, thank you.