Poll

Which do you prefer?  Colds or Allergies?

Colds
Allergies
Cannot decide whatsoever

Author Topic: Which do you prefer? Colds or Allergies?  (Read 1236 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Erudi

• Erudork
  • Contributing Artist
  • Crafty Fox
  • So just watch what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Erudi on dA
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Silken Windhound)
Which do you prefer? Colds or Allergies?
« on: July 26, 2014, 01:01:17 AM »
The impossible question of the day.  ;D
We discussed this briefly over chat several months ago, but I don't think anybody ever made a poll.  I was curious.

I have to say I, personally, am more partial to a character being sick than being allergic to something.  Of course allergies are awesome to work with, particularly in visual art, but when I really give this question a thought I know I prefer colds, because colds go hand-in-hand with some of my other favorite non-sneeze turn-ons: coughing, wheezing, shivering, cold weather, hunger, sleepiness, dizziness...  I could go on.
A character with a cold is more needy than one with allergies.  And neediness is something I really like in a plot.

TL;DR: I like anything that makes a character sneeze, but I prefer colds slightly more because the other symptoms particular to sickness really put the icing on the cake for me.

But I know we're all different.  So, what's your answer?
*gulp* "You heard the man.  'Write it good.'  Yup, 'write it good' or it's back to wheezing your way through the flower show." *sigh* "No pressure."

Icon by albinosharky on dA.

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Which do you prefer? Colds or Allergies?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:52:53 AM »
allergies, as they can be set off at any time. ;)

colds, though, have the advantage of being contagious. besides, who doesn't want to take care of their mate? :D

can't decide, really. i'm leaning on allergy, though.

Offline Spare Wisp

• Contributing Writer
  • Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 01:52:13 PM »
Allergy.  I don't like people suffering for a prolonged time or being sick!  Allergies can be very temporary, and are also more interesting for being situational.

Offline SuperFox

• Playful Wolf
  • Male fox with good alignment,no trickster or thief
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 07:12:26 AM »
I think that allergies.
Fox more brave, honorable, male and lawful than lion - this is the force of the sun!