Author Topic: Exploration based games?  (Read 3084 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
Exploration based games?
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:50:35 AM »
Anyone know of any non-RPG exploration based games? As in adventure / platformer or some odd game that does something unique as it sends you out into the world? Looking for obscure stuff, and it can include flash games.

Here's two flash games that are free to play. I'm looking for something with a bit more sustenance but I want to at least offer something charming for those who read this ;)

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/503833
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/586756
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Exploration based games?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 05:49:04 AM »
http://stabyourself.net/mari0/

released a few days ago. Super Mario with Portal physics and game engine. epic.

Offline oneofthree

• Teller of Tales
  • Benevolent Writing Dragon
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Clydesdale. Feathered hooves ftw.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 04:49:27 PM »
If you don't mind them being incredibly old, Out of this World and Flashback (Not the new XBOX remake, the original) are really amazing adventure games.
Feel free to give me a message sometime.  I'm almost always up for a little RPing, or story ideas.
My elephant braiding her hair avatar by Moko

Offline BakeryFreshButterKrimpets

• Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Earwig
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 08:05:04 PM »
If you want a game completely unlike any other game ever made, try LSD Dream Emulator. It's a PS1 game based on a dream journal that a woman kept for 10 years. All you do is walk around in the dream world, inevitably discovering a bunch randomly-generated events. It's not something that you can describe well on paper, you really have to play it for yourself.
It was only released in Japan and in very small numbers, so you'd have to get a PS1 emulator and the ROM.