Author Topic: [F] Secret Admirer*  (Read 5967 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline blah-san

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
[F] Secret Admirer*
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
For some background, this is a very short story I wrote for myself a pretty long time ago, and I didn't think I was ever really going to post it anywhere, but I decided this would actually be a good place to do so. It's a really short story that I mostly wrote to mess around with some characters, but in the end I never wound up doing anything with them other than this.

The main character is a Dragon-Kin, which is basically an anthropomorphic dragon. Personally I picture her being mostly human with a few dragon-like features here and there, but feel free to envision her however you like. This particular character is kin to a smog dragon, which breathes poisonous gas instead of fire.

Anyway, enough random background, here's the story...

"Who is it?" Saraleah asked, hearing a knock at her door. The young Dragon-Kin stood up from her chair and set her book down, eager to greet her guest. She took a look in the mirror mounted in the hallway, making sure her dark, forest-green hair looked presentable. Running her dark gray fingers through it, she pulled it back into a high ponytail, and then continued on to the door. When she finally opened it, Saraleah was surprised to discover that there was no one there. She glanced around for a moment before noticing a large bouquet that had been left on the doorstep.

For Saraleah said the small tag on the bouquet. The Dragon-Kin's bright eyes went wide and a huge smile spread across her face. She bent down and picked up the flowers, sighing happily as she stood up. Cradling the bouquet like a newborn child, she gleefully headed back inside to tell her housemate.

"Aww, Aspen! I have a secret admirer!" Saraleah said, bursting into her pixie housemate's room. The pixie glanced quickly over at the Dragon-Kin, clearly disinterested.

"That's nice, Sara," she said, looking away again.

"I think it's so sweet," Sara continued, rubbing a flower petal between two fingers. Aspen nodded lazily, no longer paying attention. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Sara lifting one of the flowers to her nose, and it took her just a little too long to react.

As a Dragon-Kin, Sara's nose was half way in between a dragon's snout and a normal human's nose. It was very large and wide, with a few ridges running across the bridge and with big, open nostrils underneath. Additionally, instead of hair, Sara's nose was filled with tiny thorns that would shred anything that got inside. However, tiny particles such as pollen could easily get past the thorns, and unfortunately for Sara, she was very allergic to flowers.

"No Sara, don’t!" Aspen yelped, lunging toward the Dragon-Kin. She was just seconds too late as Sara sniffed the flower, her inhumanly strong breath pulling several of its petals free and straight up into her nostrils.

"What? They smell so sweet," Sara said, oblivious to her own allergies. She smiled, staring off into space. However, after a few seconds, she became very aware of a deep tickling in her nose. As her eyes started to droop, Sara reached a hand up to her face and started to rub her index finger back and forth under her large nose.

"Sara, you're allergic to flowers!" Aspen yelped again, flying toward the Dragon-Kin. "How do you keep forgetting!?"

"Oh… Oh yeah…" Sara said, her voice lazy and breathy. Aspen rolled her eyes and started to pull her housemate back toward the front door.

"Alright little lady, let's get you outside before you make a mess."

Aspen started to slowly but surely pull Sara out of her room, but the Dragon-Kin's allergies were already beginning to take hold. Small tendrils of smoke were starting to drift from her large nostrils, floating up toward the ceiling. Sara was still rubbing her nose, but that would only help her for so long. The smoke started to thicken, coming out in puffs each time her finger moved out of the way.

"Ahh… Haahh…" Sara breathed, even more smoke flowing from her nose. By now, the flow of smoke was continuous, uninhibited by her finger. The front door was only a few feet away, but Sara stopped in her tracks. She was completely overwhelmed by the tickling in her nose, and not even Aspen's nagging could bring her back to reality. The air in the house was becoming thick with smoke, making Aspen cough occasionally.

"Come on, Sara, we're almost there."

"Ahh… Haaaahhhh… Hhhhh…"

Sara was clearly fighting hard against her building sneeze, but she had inhaled far too much pollen at once. She wouldn't be able to hold out forever. Aspen looked back at her housemate and an expression of horror came over her. Sara was heaving, barely able to hold back any longer. Smoke was forcefully surging out of her nose, almost filling the entire house already.

"Oh, no you don't, Sara. Remember what happened last time? How long we had to spend cleaning the house? Don't even think about it."

"Hahh… Aaahhh… Haaahh!"

"You better not!"

"Ahhh… Ahhhhh… Ahhhhhh!"

"No Sara! Don't!"

"AAAHH!"

"Don't sneeze!"

"HAAAAA-SCHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!"

Sara heaved an explosive, smoky sneeze, so powerful that it knocked her on her back. Her nose blew out so much smoke that their small house couldn't contain even half of it. The windows and doors were blown open, and a column of smoke shot out of the chimney as if it were a volcano. Aspen's hair was blasted back, and the front of her body was caked with soot. After a second, she unclenched her eyes to see Sara lying helplessly on her folded wings, smoke still rising from her snout-like nose.

"Bless you," Aspen said irritably, putting her hands on her hips.

"I'm so sorry," Sara said with a soft snort, rubbing her nose with her finger again. "It was just such a nice gesture, and I was a little overwhelmed."

"It's alright, you big sap. All better?"

---

And there you have it. I hope it's okay, since it's mostly just a little messing around piece. Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:16:57 AM by Furry-Sneezes »

Offline megacycle

• Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • Benevolent Writing Dragon
  • Elder Dragon
  • My tennis balls are priceless!
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: red wolf
Re: [F - Story - Dragon? Sort of?] Secret Admirer
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:45:25 AM »
Nicely done blah-san. I thoroughly enjoyed this short little story.

;D *Applauds* ;D
I've got nothing important to say. I just wanted to type something in this box of my profile. I'm an egg short of a dozen. A puzzle without all the pieces. I'm crazy.

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 03:45:34 AM »
a great story :) thanks for sharing

Offline ashsnake

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Snake
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
Lovely :) Thanks for sharing. Sharing is caring :D

Online Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 10:45:29 PM »
Why does this sound familiar? Something to do with the names I think. Huh.... Damned unscratchable brain-itches.
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline oneofthree

• Teller of Tales
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Clydesdale. Feathered hooves ftw.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 05:58:22 AM »
:D Nice first contribution.  Hehe... she shoulda gone to the chimney. :3
Feel free to give me a message sometime.  I'm almost always up for a little RPing, or story ideas.
My elephant braiding her hair avatar by Moko

Offline blah-san

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 02:39:55 PM »
Thanks for the comments, everyone! I'm glad you liked it.

As for the names sounding familiar, I'm not really sure why that would be. I've never posted this anywhere else. It could just be a coincidence, I suppose.

Would anyone be interested in another story with these characters? I always say I'll write sequels, and I rarely ever actually do it, but I think I'd be at least a little more motivated if I knew someone else wanted one.

Offline oneofthree

• Teller of Tales
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Clydesdale. Feathered hooves ftw.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 06:32:05 PM »
Mm, yes, I'd be interested.  I always enjoy recurring characters.
Feel free to give me a message sometime.  I'm almost always up for a little RPing, or story ideas.
My elephant braiding her hair avatar by Moko

Offline megacycle

• Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • Elder Dragon
  • My tennis balls are priceless!
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: red wolf
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »
Same here.

I just love them there dragons. And I do enjoy them recurring characters.
I've got nothing important to say. I just wanted to type something in this box of my profile. I'm an egg short of a dozen. A puzzle without all the pieces. I'm crazy.

Offline sneezyserpent

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: snake
Re: [F] Secret Admirer*
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 03:38:57 AM »
Blah-San? BLAH-SAN was here??? :D :D SWEET!!! I know him. He's a really cool guy. He's one of the people who inspired me to write sneeze stories. I kinda feel small compared to what he's done honestly for the sneezing community ^^;, but I like what he's done a lot. :)

Really cool story he made here. The characters and the scene here is pretty vivid. I like the imagery in my head as I read this ^^.