Author Topic: [Announcement] (Update) All My Little Pony content has been removed.  (Read 2052 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" and tell us a bit about yourself and why you joined.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post. Should this policy change, this portion of the message will be removed.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
Alright, here goes the official announcement. I know this is causing a lot of debate so I want to take the time to explain it for everyone.

Starting in a week, all MLP content, both FiM and classic, will be removed from Sneezefurs. This involves anything in the Media Gallery, Video Gallery, and Forums. Further posting of MLP-related content will be removed. Discussion about MLP will still be allowed in chat and social topics. There will be a subforum somewhere on this site (Possibly in General, possibly in IFS or Art) that will provide an easy redirect to the MLP-sneezing's new home. More details on that will follow as they develop.

Several people have questioned my motivations for this radical change and I want to say that there was a lot of thought put into what to do. I will agree it could have been communicated better, but the decision wasn't made in haste. Realize that even as a community site, this is still largely run by my efforts (as always, a huge thank you to Chikara) and finances. Donations have helped, but have rarely been frequent enough to pay for a full year. I have a vision for this site, and sometimes things come up which conflict with those visions.

In recent years, MLP has grown from a niche within furry to a full-fledged fandom of its own. There are 'brony' conventions that bring in even more people than the largest of furry cons. MLP-related sneezing has become so frequent that it takes up a noticeable percentage of your average DeviantArt search. Meanwhile, a FurAffinity search yields almost zero MLP content. This tells me that the core supporters of MLP-sneezing are not active in the furry community, which creates a conflict between the function of this site and the usage.

In order for MLP-sneezing to grow into its own community properly, it needs to be forced to find a home of its own. A place where those who visit are guaranteed to like MLP, a place where they can expand and draw the crowd they deserve. That simply cannot be found here at Sneezefurs. By leaving MLP content here at Sneezefurs, it makes it harder for that community to properly form. I have always appreciated Smiles' efforts and accommodations but I feel that I have been unfairly stifling the growth of something that has been becoming much more popular than my site on its own could hope to be.

I hope that helps everyone to better understand why the decision was made to remove MLP from Sneezefurs. I encourage anyone who is a fan of MLP to continue to support whatever location the community expands to, and I hope that the community there will provide direction for those looking to expand from MLP to original content involving anthropomorphism. Also remember that while Sneezefurs accommodates non-anthro, it is not the primary function of the site. If possible we would like all contributors to try their hands at anthropomorphic content, aka animal-people.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:24:58 AM by Furry-Sneezes »
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1108 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
well that makes sense :) doesnt sound so bad after all

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
The pre-deletion relocation of MLP content is complete.

---

@Smiles, the full media gallery profile for MLP images have not been completely removed for the moment, simply hidden. If you would like some of the meta-information (primarily, links to artist galleries) then let me know. They will be fully removed once you're good to go. Forum topics will also be removed once you've got things set up.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 06:25:37 AM by Furry-Sneezes »

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [Announcement] (Update) All My Little Pony content has been removed.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 11:00:47 AM »
[06-19-14] - We say goodbye to the My Little Pony content today. For those that are fans of the series, the current home for all things MLP+Sneezing, visit the Pony Sneeze Forum.

All future MLP-related submissions will be removed, but there's no restriction on talking about it or anything. :) Also, if anything changes about the location of the MLP+Sneezing community, I'll be sure and mention it. I wish you guys the best of luck with the new home, or wherever you end up by the end of things. And really, I just wanted the best for everyone. I admit I wasn't giving the fans a fair shake of the tail on this issue, and after taking a long hard look at the situation, I decided this would be the best path to take in the long term. Don't hate me x.x;

Offline oneofthree

• Teller of Tales
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Clydesdale. Feathered hooves ftw.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 06:48:56 PM »
Hasbro would have come after you with a knife sooner or later anyway, it's good that you did this and avoided legal problems later.
Feel free to give me a message sometime.  I'm almost always up for a little RPing, or story ideas.
My elephant braiding her hair avatar by Moko

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 09:29:44 PM »
or angry bronies :P