Author Topic: [Announcement] List of recent forum modifications + Forum Explodes  (Read 3983 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
EDIT: Updated the forum again. It exploded. Be back running strong within 24 hours.

Just d/led a lot of minor edit mods. Let me know if something breaks!!

Also, tell me how you like the changes :D

List of additions:

1.   Attachment file icons - Attachments now have specific icons depending on the file-type used.
2.   Added Favicon.ico support - Browser icon capabilities. I have a crappy temp icon up there, but if anyone can come up with something better, I'll put it up. It has to be 16x16. I can turn it into a .ico file if you send me the original at 16x16.
3.   Last Active field on the Memberlist - I put up a new field on the member list page. It will now show when someone was last logged in and browsing the forum.
4.   Ordering of: Custom Profile Fields; News Ticker Items; Stickied Topics - Added the ability to directly control the order of custom profile fields (when registering, and viewing a profile), the news ticker items at the top of the screen (makes editing them easier now), and the general ordering of stickied topics (was very much needed in "I Found Something!").
5.   Most Recent Topic - It was most recent post, now it's the most recently posted in topic.
6.   Account Activation Redirect - Newly verified members will be redirected to the About the Archive topic after they authenticate.
7.   Enhance Recent Posts - Small graphical tweak to the View Recent Posts section. It's a little buggy on the icons, but it looks better than it did.
8.   Anti-lurker Addon - There will be a display at the top of topics shown to anyone with 0 posts. Remember guys, don't just browse, contribute and socialize. Without you, it's not really a forum anymore! ^_^
9.   Users Online Today - Didn't really do exactly what I had hoped for, but it's still neat so I left it in. A new section at the bottom of the page shows the members who have been online so far today.
10.   YouTube BBCode - You can now imbed YouTube videos to a post by using the tag [ youtube ] (minus spaces)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:05:05 PM by Furry-Sneezes »
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: List of recent forum modifications
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 12:21:18 AM »
There we go. Everything's been added and the top post is updated. Lemme know what you think.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Gadget

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »
Lookin' good! :)

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 01:16:52 PM »
Two other small changes... well, one's not quite small it seems. It's standing out like a broken leg. I need to match it to the forum more but I don't really have much skill in Photoshop. I need to turn it into square + gray instead of a red hue-shift of the original forum style. What am I talking about? The background images behind Reply and New Topic and stuff. The images were apparently completely missing from the original theme and I didn't even notice till I checked my error log for the domain. My quick fix is rather tacky looking and needs approached better.

The other change is a neat little feature for the main menu. Dropdowns. I tried it out and it looks pretty good, so I'm keeping it :3

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
Not too bad. Only took me 30 minutes, too. There's a small bug though with topic view on the top side, but I can't fix that on my own, it's an issue with the forum coding. I like the change... :D

Offline yasl

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 01:01:32 PM »
Yes, the drop-downs look good.  They appear to be Suckerfish (or at least non-Javascript) based, and so recieve a big thumbs-up from me!  The other general aesthetic changes are definately positive as well.  Nice work.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 10:27:59 AM »
-TEMPORARILY UGLY-

Sorry guys, I need sleep. Trying to fix something and update the forum and well, stuff exploded. I'll fix it when I wake up, more than likely.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: List of recent forum modifications - Forum Explodes
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 06:56:48 PM »
Everything -should- be back in order. I can't get the drop downs to work for the tabs at the top, and the font is a bit larger on most everything. Can't really fix those two. A few new features from the upgrade are scattered around though.

Offline Kyrl

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 03:11:35 AM »
Looking ok for the most part.  I'm on Google Chrome if it helps.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 05:07:58 AM »
Lol yeah same here. Glad there's more than just me using Chrome. They haven't pushed it in ages. Like, since it first was released, I haven't heard a thing.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 08:26:22 PM »
Fixed the font size complaint I had, if anyone else notices something amiss, let me know.