Author Topic: Question: What was the first time...?  (Read 3579 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline sneezyserpent

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: snake
Question: What was the first time...?
« on: October 29, 2014, 04:24:10 AM »
Here's a question. What was either the first furry sneeze or the first sneezing character out of a book, movie, or show that you really remember?

For me, it's way back to good ol' Disney. Mickey Mouse sneezed from a very large cloud of powder from the movie "Fun and Fancy Free". That along with Alice from Alice in Wonderland's Giantess sneeze. Those two are also the ones I can remember first seeing and first noticing something I liked about sneezing in general :).

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Question: What was the first time...?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 08:47:57 AM »
i'm going to have to second mickey mouse for me too, actually. i remember being introduced to sneezing in cartoons growing up but it didn't really become an act of interest until 'mickey and the beanstalk' as well as maybe the casper cartoon 'spooking about africa' with the elephant. there were other cartoons there but those were the ones that kinda put a staple on the fetish. :)

i still kinda wonder why i can't get into real human sneezes (i do, but....), but i guess it's because animation and cartoons just kinda lend themselves to exaggerating the sneeze. almost orgasmic, really. it's weird and silly. whether it's male or female i guess they just kinda add some spice to the sneeze.

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 11:13:40 AM »
Great question, and cool answers.  It's nice to have some discussion and to find out how we can all relate. :)

For me, I can think of two.  One was Pluto in the episode Bone Bandit that I first saw as a kid.  For whatever reason, I had a fascination with Pluto's reaction to the pollen and all of his big buildups.  I remember my parents had recorded it for me, and I liked to hit the slow motion button on our VCR to watch his buildups happen slowly.

The other was Snuffy from Sesame Street.  There was an episode that I saw when I was little where Snuffy had a cold and had to stay in bed in his cave.  Big Bird and his other friends came to visit him, and at one point, Snuffy started playing a game called "Snuffle Blowling" where he tried to knock down a set of bowling pins with his sneezes.  Before each sneeze he'd say that he had to wait for "the urge," and after a little while, he'd say he felt like he was getting it and he'd tell everyone to stand back.  Then there was a huge buildup to an eventual giant sneeze where he'd knock down some of the pins.  It actually kind of scared me, but somehow I felt a strange fascination with it.

I think those two things were the beginning for me...although it sucks.  To this day, I STILL can't find that Sesame Street episode, or even the name or episode number of it!!  I've  searched like crazy, even through Muppet Wikia and no dice.  Maybe I should put a bounty on it. :p

But anyway, today I do actually have a liking for human sneezes too, but I agree.  There's something about the exaggerated nature of cartoons that puts the icing on the cake. :)

Offline Chikara

• Canid Leaders
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
I have a vague memory of watching the werewolf sneeze from Gravesdale High on tape, rewinding the scene over and over...until I was told to stop messing with the VCR

Offline Retrofan191

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Undecided
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 01:08:56 AM »

Offline SnEeZy

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 03:03:52 AM »
lol

yeah, i'm going to have to say sneezer really contributed to that a lot. tiny toons was awesome. i kinda wish there was fan art of him as an older adult or something sneezing, 'cause it feels so weird having to like a character in diapers xD

Offline tedster

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: teddy bear
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 12:52:15 PM »
 i really wanna do fanart or fanfiction of lil sneezer meeting my fursona Teddy the teddy bear then he'll regret sneezing so much! XD

Offline SnEeZy

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 11:03:00 PM »
i second that :D

Offline Derzaege

• Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »
The earliest example I remember, was a cartoon I don't know the name of. There was a scene where a (bear?) character was trying to disguise himself as horse, and another character put a horsebag on his muzzle.. and it tickled his nose... and with each strong sneeze, the horsebag flew out like a bungee and snapped back in his muzzle.. agitating the mixture and causing another sneeze to take hold...

The Alice In Wonderland giantess sneeze was probably the 'start' for me though- I distinctly remember it made me get this funny feeling that I didn't really understand, but was kind of nice.. ::)  and I remember re-enacting the scene on some kind of toy house lol..  :-[

The Whale in pinnochio too. Wow :o. My parents said they remember Pinnochio being my favourite movie as a kid, and i'd always want to watch it. Now I know why! I must have been constantly looking forward to that scene with great anticipation...

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:58:12 PM by Derzaege »

Offline Chikara

• Canid Leaders
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 05:17:44 PM »
I'm sure we have that bear clip in the archive somewhere.

Offline SnEeZy

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 07:01:03 PM »
it's the Andy Panda Village Blacksmith clip, but in Portugese :)

Offline DownyFeathers

• Playful Wolf
  • Epic glitter sneeze in 4...3...2...
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Raven
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 05:26:43 AM »
Hmmm....Gosh, there were so many "starting points" for me as a kid...Pluto, Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, Sneezy, and other cartoon characters, but I think the one that really got me into sneezing was Dumbo. His sneeze after the elephant matriarch tickles his trunk is so adorable. Since he's a newborn, you can tell from his expression as the sneeze starts that he doesn't exactly know what to make of the tickly feeling in his tiny trunk, but that he probably enjoys it...and then he goes through the cutest soft, hiccuping buildups as his trunk curls up, and then relaxes and gives a big smile when the sneeze suddenly backs off, which is also cute. And then when he finally does sneeze, his adorably large ears come popping out. :D

Also, there was this time when I was about 5 years old and my dad took me and one of his university students to this play for little kids acting out the Dr. Seuss story "Green Eggs and Ham." There was this scene when the object of Sam - I- Am's relentless (and annoying) pursuit (who happened to be female in this version) finally agreed to try the green eggs and ham with the promise that Sam- I - Am will leave her alone. In the play I saw, as Sam held out the platter of green eggs and ham for the anthro dog to try, this huge pepper shaker was slightly lowered down from the gaffing up above, and hovered right over the dog about to eat the eggs and ham (is the character who gets followed around by Sam-I-Am supposed to be an anthro dog of some kind? I never could tell).

Even as a little kid, I remember seeing that big pepper shaker come gliding in and knowing EXACTLY where this was headed. Sure enough, The dog (I have no idea if the dog in the story ever had a name or not, so I'm just going to call her "Lafawndah" from this point on xD). So, there was this huge pepper shaker in the sky that was essentially raining pepper down on Lafawndah, and her eggs and ham, and she started to build up really dramatically: "AaaaHhhhh....AAAAAaaaahhh....AAAAAAAaaaahhh...." but I can't remember if she ever finished the sneeze or not. Anyway, I just remember that precise moment as when I realized at the tender age of 5 that I had a "thing" for sneezing. I lacked the proper vocabulary for it, but somehow I just knew what it was. :)
"Nose-tickling moments are best shared with friends." ~ Winnie the Pooh

"Three cheers for blowing my nose!" ~ Bubble Monkey from Doc McStuffins

Offline TRC

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Dolphin
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 10:53:05 AM »
Earliest I can trace it back to is watching Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs when I was six or seven, though I seem to remember Sneezy being part of the reason I wanted to see it in the first place.

Since then, there have been a number of books or movies where a sneeze scene stuck in my mind - the bit in Honey I Shrunk the Kids where Nick gets stuck in a flower, or the Goosebumps book Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid, where a chapter ends with kids trying to hide in a haystack but one of them sneezes after a beetle crawls up his nose. It wasn't until I was 19 that I discovered this was a fetish.

Offline Zaroff4

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: I like Tigers, but I don't have a fursona.
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 10:23:09 AM »
It had to be Sneezy from the 7 Dwarves...but the first FURRY one has got to be Scooby-Doo. But ironically, neither one is really what gets me going. Has to be feminine for me.