Author Topic: Undertale Discussion (SPOILER-FREE!)  (Read 1525 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
Undertale Discussion (SPOILER-FREE!)
« on: November 13, 2015, 12:52:45 AM »
Technically most of the game counts as spoilers, so it's hard to have a good discussion on the game without having a bad time. *cough* But most of the fun of the game is from the feeling of discovery and the emotional connection you gain from making the decisions in the game yourself.

In general, this thread will be for telling people about the game who have never heard about it before and giving them a chance to learn about the core aspects of the game without being afraid to learn spoiler details. Note that we don't have a spoiler tag on this forum, sorry.
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Paws

• Finder of Obscurities
  • Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
  • Sassafrass
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Housecat (Turkish Angora)
Re: Undertale Discussion (SPOILER-FREE!)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 06:03:13 AM »
A LOT of people I follow on Tumblr have gotten into this game recently, so I'm honestly sure there are parts of it that have been spoiled for me already. :P

That being said, I am curious about just what the fuss is all about, but is it really worth my time to buy the game just so I can experience myself? I know of at least one Let's Play of it that's already out there that I'm interested in watching, but I'm afraid I won't get the same feeling from it as I would if I bought and played it.
"Check out the bees; they don't buzz around for money. They do it for free -- makin' love, makin' honey. Spreading pollen; how can you not fall in love!? And it might make you sneeze, but you better believe it's beautiful stuff."

http://sillysternuphiliac.tumblr.com/
http://snifflynose.deviantart.com/
http://www.twitter.com/sternutweets

(My adorable avatar was made from a sketch by Erudi!)

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 06:38:52 AM »
You definitely won't get the same feeling from a Let's Play for this particular game. It's so much different being the one in control and having the emotional weight of the experience on your hands. The game is about the decisions YOU make, so if you're not the one making the decisions, then... :(

For a completionist path you go 'Pacifist', but if you're not that good at games, you'll have to be at least a little murderous. One of my good friends who isn't a great gamer managed to make it through the end of the game all on her own. Aside from that, just play the game how you want and don't worry. If you kill things your first time through, but you think you can manage to not kill things on another attempt, you want to try to Pacifist route afterwards. It gives you the most plot.

One spoiler-free tip I can provide that can help novices is that you can get infinite money by buying and selling Cloudy Glasses later in the game.

In any case, the game is only $10. Super affordable and there's a lot of replay value depending on your skill level and general enjoyment of things. :3 If you're still undecided, there's a demo out there that covers the tutoriel tutorial portion. :3

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Offline JMQwilleran

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Sonata Wiki
  • Fursona Species: Favorite animal - guinea pig
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 07:45:27 AM »
Never heard of it, to be honest. What type of platform or platforms is it on, and what type of game is it?

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 08:27:53 AM »
It can be played on PC or Mac with pretty much any system requirements, and it's a very simple and easy RPG 'where nobody has to die'. :P

Offline Paws

• Finder of Obscurities
  • Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
  • Sassafrass
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Housecat (Turkish Angora)
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 06:48:52 PM »
I got the demo a few weeks ago, and played through... I'd say about half of it. I met at least two or three significant characters, and managed to figure out how to work the battling system. I've been meaning to go back to it, but I did enjoy what I got to do so far. The humor is really sharp, and it has a really interesting graphical feel.

That aside, most of the important parts of the game have been spoiled for me already because of Tumblr, which kind of sucks. I'm still thinking of treating myself & buying the game as an early holiday present to myself, though. :P
"Check out the bees; they don't buzz around for money. They do it for free -- makin' love, makin' honey. Spreading pollen; how can you not fall in love!? And it might make you sneeze, but you better believe it's beautiful stuff."

http://sillysternuphiliac.tumblr.com/
http://snifflynose.deviantart.com/
http://www.twitter.com/sternutweets

(My adorable avatar was made from a sketch by Erudi!)

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 07:20:03 PM »
i've been watching a friend do a let's play of it :3 it's really fun!

Offline JMQwilleran

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Sonata Wiki
  • Fursona Species: Favorite animal - guinea pig
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 09:49:43 PM »
Hmm. Well, I have some other games I'm into at the moment, but might be worth checking out sometime. I do like that it's readily available for PC.