Author Topic: Pax  (Read 3689 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline JMQwilleran

• Elder Dragon
  • Fursona: Favorite animal - guinea pig
Pax
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:43:50 AM »
Thought I'd share this here because I have a feeling there may be some that are interested. I recently read a very good novel called Pax. It's by Sarah Pennypacker, who I've known for her Clementine series books - this Pax book is actually rather of a departure for her in terms of the type of novel. Anyway, I have a feeling that this is one that is probably going to start showing up on lists for awards like Newbery, stuff like that.

The story is about a boy, Peter, who is sent off to live with his grandfather because of a war and is made to give up his longtime companion, a fox named Pax that he rescued. However, the boy can't bide by this and soon sets off on a quest to rescue the fox. The chapters are told alternately from his point-of-view and from that of the fox's. http://www.amazon.com/Pax-Sara-Pennypacker/dp/0062377019