Author Topic: [Unlocated] Dumbo's Circus (TV Series)  (Read 7075 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
[Unlocated] Dumbo's Circus (TV Series)
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:46:19 AM »
So I recently remembered that I used to watch this show when I was really little.  It's a live action costume/puppet show that featured Dumbo the elephant - apparently all grown up, and running his own circus. :) ...and he now has the ability to talk. lol.

His circus is comprised of a group of his animal friends, all anthro, and they're played by people in costumes.  It kind of makes me laugh now, because the costumes are basically fursuits, reminiscent of the really nice stuff you'd see at conventions - moving jaws, animatronic eyes, etc.  I swear, it's like anthrocon for kids! Lol.  :D  The show's pretty "kiddie-ish", but anybody who likes fursuits might get a kick out of that aspect.  (maybe I was a furry waaaayyy before I knew it). :)

Anyway, I'm getting off topic here.  From what I can remember, in a handful of episodes, Dumbo actually sneezes, and his sneezes are always really strong.  Like there's a big buildup, and he even does damage sometimes!  There's a mention of it in the show's Wikipedia article:

" Being an elephant, Dumbo's memory is usually very good (based on the expression "An elephant never forgets."), his hearing is very sharp and sometimes his sneezes are often strong - strong enough to cause some wind."

I've been trying to see if I can find some sneeze clips from the show, but there's only a few episodes on YouTube, and so far I haven't found any sneezes. :(  Thought I'd post this, because maybe somebody else who cares to look will have more luck than me.  Anyway, here's the intro for the show:

Dumbo's Circus opening

Offline silverdragon171

• Crafty Fox
    • Chat
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Panda
Re: [Unlocated] Dumbo's Circus (TV Series)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 05:45:10 AM »
I think I remember one in that series. The gorilla has a flower (I think it was a sunflower) that causes Dumbo to sneeze. It also grows super big and I remember it causing Dumbo to sneeze again while flying around the giant flower.

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 06:40:21 AM »
sounds like something worth looking around for :3

Offline SnEeZy

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 06:47:02 AM »
the wikipedia episode listing is all jumbled up, so i hope i did some service trying to kinda assemble. probably just a lucky guess that one of the episodes is the Ragweed one and maybe one for medicine as being sure-fire sneeze-related episodes. could be wrong, though.

Episodes

the long walk
all 'bout hats
never trust a stranger
teaching a bird to fly
farmer's circus
lilli's surprise birthday
finding a perfect gift
blue glass contest
lilli come's home
the annual summer parade
welcome to melody land
a lion needs a mane
She's Really something special
tiny town catchy tune
 Dumboline
the five wishes
tell me a story
the gang's all here
 think of all the times
Kite Day
yippi-ki-bow-wow
Sandwich Hero
Elephant Bye-Bye Birdie
Lilli's Hat Dance
A Taste of Medicine
Scratch Scratch
One size fits all
Ragweed Rag
A Present for Lionel
All in a Day's Play
A Better Bet
the Perfect Peanut
 Lionel goes to town
Strongman Contest
Tricky Sebastian
40 Winks for Dink
Home Sweet Home
Hide and Seek
Snookie and Koodies
 Mount Frosty
Lionel's Singing Lesson

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 07:10:38 PM »
Wow, I don't remember that one with the sunflower, but it sounds like it would be great to see!  ;D  The one in particular that I remember most was one where the characters were all looking for a place to stay, and at one point they end up together in a crowded space that belongs to one of Dumbo's friends (a cat named Sebastian).  While they're all sitting inside Sebastian's place, Dumbo suddenly says "Uh oh...I think I'm gonna sneeze..."  And he starts to buildup to it, "ah...ahhh...AAHH" and the whole time, Sebastian's going, "No...no...NO!!!"  And when he finally sneezes, it's really big, and sends objects flying everywhere. :)

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do that SnEeZy!  Yes, you might very well be right about those two episodes.  I hope we can find them.  So far, it seems like this show's episodes are hard to come by.

Offline SnEeZy

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 12:39:40 AM »
i hope so too! :3 you're welcome

Offline Java

• Dual Contributor
  • Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Jackalope
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 08:52:25 PM »
I have nothing useful to add but this show was a huge part of my childhood, along with with the live-action Winnie the Pooh series... same style of actors in proto-fursuits. I definitely remember the elephant sneezing, I poked around for some episodes a couple years back but didn't have much luck.

Holy shit those things are so much creepier than I remembered, though. BUH.

Offline Paws

• Finder of Obscurities
  • Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
  • Sassafrass
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Housecat (Turkish Angora)
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 03:11:50 AM »
Ugh there's like...no sourcing for this show. One or two episodes, if any, are on YouTube or Dailymotion, I think. Nothing on iTunes or the like. Obscure 80s at it's finest @_@
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:14:35 AM by Paws »
"Check out the bees; they don't buzz around for money. They do it for free -- makin' love, makin' honey. Spreading pollen; how can you not fall in love!? And it might make you sneeze, but you better believe it's beautiful stuff."

http://sillysternuphiliac.tumblr.com/
http://snifflynose.deviantart.com/
http://www.twitter.com/sternutweets

(My adorable avatar was made from a sketch by Erudi!)

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 04:21:20 PM »
Oh, I totally forgot about the Winnie the Pooh live action series!  Yeah, that was one of my faves too.  Good old vintage Disney Channel.  And lol yeah really.  I don't know if I find them creepy, but they definitely are different than I remember. :P

And yeah, seems like there's nothing out there for this show.  I hope that maybe we'll see more down the road.

Offline SnEeZy

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 08:29:22 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/user/geak78/search?query=dumbo

3 episodes in full appear to have gone up. likely not ones with the sneezes though. great to see more videos at least!