Author Topic: Mini rant, then good news :)  (Read 1059 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline sneezyserpent

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: snake
Mini rant, then good news :)
« on: February 11, 2015, 05:33:16 PM »
First, have any of you ever felt like a lazy, slow, stupid person? I have been super lazy after the rush of my two main tests...it is the after effect of them :(, and GAH it's frustrating me. I want to DO SOMETHING...so I will. Yesterday I wanted to sketch and write and stuff, and I got sucked into youtube on POINTLESS CRAP XDD...I fall into time wasters too easily :(. Just a rant to myself: if you want to succeed, avoid youtube time-wasting crap XDD...seriously though, watching commercials for 4 hours yesterday I should never do again. It all started because my english professor asked us to find arguments in a commercial or movie as a homework assignemnt, so I thought that it would take less time watching a commercial instead of a movie...I feel like a useless fool now ^^;...I'll get over it though.

Now for some good news. My two main tests are done and now I have more time to do things, especially with my bioengineering class that will be my next big test in two weeks. I also plan on doing things I need to do here so that I can catch up, and I have surprise gifts for people who have really showed me support...when I can do them. In all honesty what is holding me back is time wasting. I feel bad for wasting time which kills motivation to draw or write. Looking at other people's art is nice, but it too can destroy motivation if you allow it to.

A goal of mine: write one story a day this week. Shorter than usual stories, but I want to write more :). Another goal I have (which I failed both Monday and yesterday :(, but today is a NEW day!! :D) is to sketch something and use helpful things that one of my best friends pointed out to me. It really opened my eyes on how I can draw things without looking at something for 10 minutes straight trying to analyze how the outline of something looks XDD...although it works out ok for me, I'm helpless when I start drawing from nothing but my imagination. My friend opened my eyes and I'm very grateful for him to show me the things he did :) If it wasn't for him my motivation to draw would be a LOT less right now.

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Mini rant, then good news :)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »
real life comes first :3 don't worry so much about being lazy or too tired to do things. we all get it. i've even been kinda stuck with it too. i can't even focus anymore, my juice muse left me for awhile after my previous ones xD