Author Topic: Update on life =)  (Read 1121 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline sneezyserpent

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: snake
Update on life =)
« on: September 01, 2015, 03:19:33 PM »
I've had quite the surprise yesterday. It was my first day of a new semester at college, and I had something unexpected happen. A good unexpected, but DEFINITELY unexpected. I looked at our college newspaper and there was a small box near the last page that said "the newspaper now hiring. Needs writers and editors." I thought to myself this in my head:

'Hey! I like to write.'
'Nahhh...you write random stuff. They'd never hire me...'
'Couldn't hurt to check it out.'
'...You're right.'

*And now you know craziness that happens in my head XD. I blame Inside Out...actually, I can't blame it on anything ^^;. I've always been this way. I overthink things way too often. *

Anyway, I went to the location which was one of the normal buildings on campus, only about a five minute walk from my dorm room. I was kind of stunned when they were like "You like to write? JOIN US!" XD...ok not really, but they were in high need for writers and they asked me questions. Didn't even look at my resume ^^;.

They told me to show up at a meeting later today...if all goes well, I may actually use writing to help a newspaper! :D I still don't know if I will get this job or not, but it's incredible that I even have a chance like this.

I wouldn't have had this chance without you guys =) Thank you for giving me support and kindness when I write things ^^ YOu have no idea how much you gave me confidence in myself...seriously, thank you ^^

Offline Alrek

• Old as heck
  • Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
  • On-and-off artist
    • View Profile
Re: Update on life =)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 03:36:21 AM »
Oh cool!! Good luck, I'm rooting for you! How awesome for an opportunity to just open up like that.

Offline Playstation man

• Fleck of Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 04:16:02 AM »
Trust me, I've seen what you can write, you got this buddy. So happy for you man, made my day to see the enthusiasm in this post. If you ever need anything just ask me. Hope you got the job. Have an amazing day sneezyserphent.

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 11:13:11 AM »
Ooooh awesome!!  :D *claps paws happily* Good luck to you!  Hope you get the job.

Offline sneezyserpent

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: snake
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:14:14 PM »
Alrek, Playstation, AMT, thank you all so much for commenting. I appreciate it!! *hugs you*

I am able to help out with the paper :), but they were kind of misleading in the phrase "now hiring" ^^;. It's more of an intern type deal, or something you can put on a resume that you helped work on a school paper. No money would be made sadly, but I offered to help and they gave me topics to write about throughout the school year. Nothing major, one or two articles every 2 weeks. Each article is about 400 or 500 words XD...

Even if it isn't a job, I am happy I took a chance and found this :) Who knows? Maybe this will help me in the future showing I did work during college ^^

Offline Playstation man

• Fleck of Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 04:24:15 AM »
No problem man. That sucks that you won't make any money but at least you have the experience on your resume. Only 500 words, really. I'm glad you like it. Have a great day guys.