(To Be Updated.)What is the Shoutbox?The first thing to address is that box below the menu that's called the 'Shoutbox'. This is not the actual chat though it can be used to send messages to the chat. When your page loads, it shows the most recent conversations from the main chat channel. If you are currently in the chat on another tab, and using an alternate channel, it will show the alternate channel's content instead. The purpose of this box is to give you a preview of who is chatting at the time.
The reason it is suggested to not use the Shoutbox for chatting is because you will constantly be disconnecting in the chat room itself. In addition, unless your window focus is on the Shoutbox's input line, the Shoutbox will not update. Instead, please have at least one tab logged into the actual chat room.Reaching the ChatFirst, you MUST be logged in to reach the Chat. If you don't see the button or Shoutbox, make sure you're logged in.
There are two places you can click to enter the chat. One is the "Chat"/"Chat (#)" button on the top menu. The '#' is the number of people currently logged into the chat rooms. The other is the phrase "Click to join!" located on the Shoutbox.Using the ChatThere are three sections to the Chat, Navigation, User List / Commands, and Settings.NavigationLogout: When you're done using the Chat for the day, please press the Logout button before closing the tab.Channel:
Here, you can select your channel. The first room is for the main general chat, the others are for roleplay use. Feather Fields
- The main channel, use this one for general chatting. Pepper Path Flowering Forest Dusty Den Allergy Alley Butterfly Beach Sick Seas Private [NAME]
- Create a private channel with your name contained in it. This is a locked channel that others cannot join. If you wish to have someone join you, type /invite NAME while inside your channel. To make someone no longer able to join your channel, type /uninvite NAME.Style:
This sets the color scheme of the chat. The default is currently Grey. Grey
- A dark grey toned color scheme. White
- A light toned color scheme. Black
- A black and dark grey color scheme. Red
- A work in progress, will eventually be a theme based on the colors of the website.Language:
I left Spanish and Portuguese up on the languages, for those on our forum who speak it. Select a different language here.CommandsNavigation:
These are the commands involving navigation of the channels. /join CHANNEL
- Joins a CHANNEL. /quit
- A command shortcut that logs you out. /whereis NAME
- Lists the location of NAME. /who CHANNEL
- Lists the members currently in CHANNEL. /list
- Prints out a clickable list of the channels.Communication:
These are the commands involving communication with other members of the forum currently in the Chat. /msg
- This is the command for sending someone a private message, or whisper. If someone messages you with (whispers)
, please respond to them with /msg instead of to the main chat. /query NAME
- This command will open a private messaging 'channel' to the listed person. This means that all of your messages will go to NAME as whispers. /query
- This command will close a private messaging 'channel' that you have up, allowing you to talk in the normal channel again. /action
- This command will perform an emote of the text you describe. /describe NAME
- This command sends an emote as a whisper to NAME. /ignore NAME
- This command will place NAME on ignore, hiding their messages and whispers. If you are already ignoring NAME, it will unignore them. /ignore
- This command lists the users you currently have on ignore. /roll
or /roll #d#
- This command will roll a d6 die, or a value of dice you input. Please do not overuse this feature. /nick NAME
- This command will change your user name for the current session to (NAME). Useful for flavorful RPs.Settings Buttons
First of the 5 buttons in the bottom right. Shows the list of chat commands.
Second of the 5 buttons in the bottom right. Shows the settings panel where you can adjust the chat settings. Enable BB Code
- Uncheck this to hide any bolding
and other text markup, except for color. Enable image BBCode
- Uncheck this to hide any images people may insert with forum code. Enable font color BBCode
- Uncheck this to return everyone's text to default colors. Enable hyperlinks
- Uncheck this to disable hyperlinks. Enable line breaks
- Uncheck this to hide any extra lines people are inserting. Extra lines can be added with shift+enter. Enable emoticons
- Uncheck this to disable emoticons from showing up. If you are experiencing a problem with auto-scroll where it will not reach the bottom of the most recent line, you should disable this to fix the issue. Automatically set the focus on the input field
- When this is checked, the input box will be automatically selected as the page loads. Maximum number of messages in the chatlist
- Limit the number of lines shown at any one time. 0 will never remove lines. Enable wrapping of long words
- Self explanitory. Maximum length of a word before it gets wrapped
- Same Format of date and time display
- Change the way your time and date displays in the chat. Persist font color
- If selecting a chat color, you can check this to have that chat color always show. [/i]Please do not manually select white.[/i] Sound Volume
- If the sound is too loud for you, reduce it with this option. Or, use the button at the bottom to turn it off. Sound for incoming messages
- Default Sound 1 Sound for outgoing messages
- Default Sound 2 Sound for login and channel enter messages
- Default Sound 3 Sound for logout and channel leave messages
- Default Sound 4 Sound for chatbot messages
- Default Sound 5 Sound for error messages
- Default Sound 6 Blink window title on new messages
- Flickers [@ ] / [ @] in the window title when a message is received. Blink interval in milliseconds
- Adjusts how fast the symbol flickers. Number of blink intervals
- Adjusts how many times the symbol flickers.
Third of the 5 buttons in the bottom right. Shows the user list, which lists the people in your current channel. You can also click on people's names here for a dropdown with various options so you don't have to type the /commands.
Will enable or disable the sound.
Will enable or disable the automatic scrolling of the chat when a message is sent.