Author Topic: Various Kids Books  (Read 5269 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline JMQwilleran

• Elder Dragon
  • Fursona: Favorite animal - guinea pig
Various Kids Books
« on: May 20, 2012, 08:54:29 PM »
Since we recently had that dragon book topic, I thought I'd bring up a couple of other books, and if anyone else knows any others, they can add them.

First, we have Blue's Sniffly Day. This is essentially a version of "Steve Gets the Sniffles" from Blue's Clues, except in this one Blue is the one who has the cold. A couple of sneezes in this one, including one particularly big one in which Shovel and Pail are giving her a pretend checkup and she sneezes out the thermometer.

Then there's D.W.'s Guide to Perfect Manners (later reissed in paperback as D.W. Says Please and Thank You). D.W. is showing what to do be polite and the page that covers "Excuse me" shows her sneezing into a tissue.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:56:58 AM by Furry-Sneezes »

Offline sneezyserpent

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
  • Fursona: snake
Re: Books
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:03:19 PM »
Really nice finds! :) Thanks for sharing. I know of one other one currently: the magic school bus "Exploring the senses" has a dog that they shrink down and get inside its nose in order to explain the sense of smell. The dog actually sniffs them up, they travel deep inside its nose, and as they drive towards the nostril to get out the dog sneezes them out ^^.

Offline Sneezydragon

• Contributing Artist
  • Crafty Fox
  • I really wish furries were real, don't you?
  • Fursona: Human, as much as I would like to be a furry I don't think I'm awesome enough to be one <3
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:42:30 PM »
Really nice finds! :) Thanks for sharing. I know of one other one currently: the magic school bus "Exploring the senses" has a dog that they shrink down and get inside its nose in order to explain the sense of smell. The dog actually sniffs them up, they travel deep inside its nose, and as they drive towards the nostril to get out the dog sneezes them out ^^.

This sounds good, it's a real shame that google doesn't have any pictures of the pages -,-;
I loves noses :3

Offline Paws

• Finder of Obscurities
  • Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
  • A hundred people’s ninth favorite thing
  • Fursona: Pig
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:34:39 PM »
Blue's Sniffly Day is really, really cute :) glad you brought that one up! I loooved that one, although I never actually owned a copy myself; I, er...have a bit of an embarrassing memory attached to that book actually ^^' my friend's cousin caught me reading it in my friend's brother's bedroom once during a sleepover.

Hm, let me think...there are just sooooo many that I know and I can't really remember them all! It's a little sad, but I'll have to think on it.

There's one particularly cute one that's part of a children's series on health written by an actual children's doctor known as "Katie Caught a Cold". Katie is a polar bear, and right smack in the beginning (not sure about the rest of the book- only went based on the previews on Amazon) there are some sneezes. Three I think, but only one is illustrated. Since I'm also a bit of an all-around illness fan, I did enjoy the other books (I own one, "The Little Elephant With the Big Earache" on my Kindle X3) and if you guys are also general illness fans as well, you'll like them. There's one on ear infection, fever, sore throats, and even one on vomiting, actually. But anyway.

Here's the Amazon page, complete with previews: http://www.amazon.com/Katie-Caught-Cold-Hippo-Story/dp/097535163X
And here's the article on the book's website: http://www.drhippo.com/books/katie-caught-a-cold/index.shtml

If I can think of more (because I know I know more) I'll let you guys know! <3

EDIT: Whoops! Did not check the rest of the preview ^^' I didn't know there was more to it! There's way more than three sneezes in there. Keep reading, it totals up to about 8. :3
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:37:59 PM by Paws »
Oink!