Author Topic: [Announcement] FurAffinity Advertising & New Site Logo  (Read 9702 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona: Red Fox
[Announcement] FurAffinity Advertising & New Site Logo
« on: January 14, 2009, 10:01:20 PM »
In just a few more days (when I hear from Dragoneer) we will be advertised on FurAffinity for one month. With any luck, we'll get a lot of new people who are discovering they have an interest in furry sneezing. The banner that is being used can be found here - Banner

I spent a while trying to decide what to do for the banner. I knew I could have only a few frames and I had to get a certain point across. Sneezing can be cute, if not sexy. Knowing I would likely need to use something already drawn, a single image kept coming to mind. This image by Catenatus is short, cute, and very expressive. Just the type of thing needed for the banner.

It took me a little while to find someone who could help me evolve it into a final colored form. I asked Cat, but he's been a bit too busy lately to be able to help. He recommended one of his friends, BlueHart, whom I've also been in touch with before. Huge thanks to him for being patient and working with me to get everything perfect on the final product. Accounting for the small size was very important, as well as making sure the point was made clear. The final, full size, colored image can be found here - Colored Version

After that, I picked out a nice font, and decided to use the general site theme. With the help of another close friend, we put together the banner fairly quickly. Now, I'm waiting for confirmation on the banner before I send payment. Expect to see some new faces here in the next several weeks.

Also, as part of the final preparations for the upcoming advertising, I've updated the site's logo to match the banner. Hope you guys like it. :D

Oh, and one more minor note. Two post count ranks have been modified. Fresh Fish is now Fresh Flower, and Wise Wolf is now Playful Wolf.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:30:53 AM by Furry-Sneezes »
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Gadget

Re: FurAffinity Advertising & New Site Logo
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:52:28 PM »
Love the new logo! =^^= Looks better than the original. =)

Offline yasl

• Crafty Fox
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 11:45:05 AM »
Is it just my cache or FF playing up, or is there a black flicker between build-up frames?  Perhaps it is used to emphasise the transition from one to the next or smooth over the fact that there are only 3 frames, but it's a tad distracting.  Otherwise, a great banner.

The logo's an improvement too, although the positioning of "The Furry Sneezing Archive" seems possibly a tad close to the top margin.  However, the URL is quite well-positioned.  All in all a very good job, FS.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »
You're the first one to complain about the black frames. Other than apparently Dragoneer. It's suspense added to break up the fact that yes, there are only 4 frames. I've seen it without and it doesn't look as good in terms of flow. I don't really have any other possible solutions w/o making it look worse overall.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »
Banner's going up tonight folks.

Offline RustySteele

• Sneeze-Inducing Sheppy
  • Elder Dragon
  • Sneeze & Sock Lover
    • (Hello)
    • ( - RustySteele#6275 )
    • My YouTube Account - RustySteeleAMV
  • Fursona: White German Shepherd
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 10:11:29 PM »
Its awesome that we have our own banner now, and it'll be on FA! :D I mean, you know how I feel about it, FS, but its still pretty cool.
I'm just that goofy white shepherd you hear about.

Offline yasl

• Crafty Fox
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 07:58:30 AM »
You're the first one to complain about the black frames. Other than apparently Dragoneer. It's suspense added to break up the fact that yes, there are only 4 frames. I've seen it without and it doesn't look as good in terms of flow. I don't really have any other possible solutions w/o making it look worse overall.
Yeah, I can imagine that it would be juttery without the black frames.  I still wonder if maybe a grey background would have been less jarring.  In my experience even a grey as dark as #333 can work wonders at softening, say, a black webpage background.

But that may look no better anyway.  It's still a good banner.