Author Topic: A dragon sneezy book collection! (Mostly M, but a few F)  (Read 2193 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline sneezyserpent

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: snake
A dragon sneezy book collection! (Mostly M, but a few F)
« on: May 19, 2012, 05:05:14 AM »
Ok, not really, but still...I recently found a lot of unusual sneezes in books recently. Blame going to a big bookstore and a library recently ^^.

Anyway, all of the books I found with sneezing were all dragon related. The first one is by an author that's pretty well known for the Charlie Bone series. Yeah, it's by Nimmo. The book itself is called The Dragon's Child. There's even pictures in the book, and I think they're pretty good. The dragon itself has wide oval nostrils, and all the pictures are shaded and not in color, but I like them anyway :). The dragon sneezes about 4 or 5 times in the book (I think) and there's one picture of his smallest sneeze.

The next book...well, I can't remember the name of it exactly, but it's one of those little-kid fairy books. There is SO FREAKIN MANY OF THEM XD. It's a small dragon, but he has a cold from being surrounded by ice. When he gets stolen, his sneeze lets loose a trail to follow in the ice cave he is in.

The next one is my favorite honestly, because WOW! The scenario is perhaps the most unique out of any story I've read that isn't on here. The situation is that there's a small dragon, a girl, and a unicorn trapped in a huge mine cart. The cart is hovering at the very top of this huge slope track (think of a giant rollar coaster...that isn't sturdy at all ;)) when the girl dragon needs to sneeze, the human tries to stop it by holding her nose or putting a hand over her nostrils...too bad it doesn't work after she lets go. The sneeze propels them forward down the slope.

The final thing I have to share is an entire book series. Temeraire is a series where European, African, and Asian countries back in the 1800s having dragons. When one of the rarest dragons gets in British hands, other countries want to seize it. That dragon grows to become very powerful and is the main character besides his human partner. The series has "pepper guns" that literally mean that somewhere in the 7 books guns are used and loaded with pepper so that dragons will not be able to just obliterate ground troops willingly. Pretty smart actually. It limits the dragons to fight in the air...but some dragons can use acid and fire...and other abilities. The main dragon, about 5 other dragons, and a human get sick with what they think is a cold. It's actually something much more potent than that. Anyway, the sneezes themselves cause damage and the dragons use their abilities unwillingly ;D There's 2 female dragons and 4 or 5 male dragons specifically that get this illness. Nice description too :)

The nex

Offline Chikara

• Canid Leaders
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: A dragon sneezy book collection! (Mostly M, but a few F)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:34:25 AM »
Wow, lots of dragon sneezes!