Author Topic: [F] Pyro's Pepper Problem*  (Read 4045 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Sybrant

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: White shepherd dog c:
[F] Pyro's Pepper Problem*
« on: May 03, 2013, 07:30:07 PM »
A story about a wolf/dragon hybrid character I wrote a while ago. Enjoy~

---

Pyro's tail swished happily, draped over the side of the chair she was sat upon. A large polystyrene box, containing a huge amount of chips - salted, but without vinegar - sat on the table in front of her. The table was adorned with condiments galore; brown sauce, BBQ sauce, ketchup, mayo… With all these sauces around, it was easy to miss the simple salt and pepper pots, sitting unobtrusively in the centre of the table. As she picked up a chip, dipping it in a splodge of ketchup, the door was flung open by a strong gust of wind, blowing any loose napkins to the back of the chippy - as well as knocking over the pepper pot sat on her table.

Pyro noticed her eyes beginning to water, and she looked down at her table, before jumping away in her seat in panic. Pepper had been spilt right across the table, although it luckily hadn't touched her chips. Leaning as far away from the table as possible, she tried to gather up her belonging and her portion of chips, before spinning in her seat, and making to stand up and a swift exit, trying her hardest not to disturb the offensive powder.

Unfortunately for her, however, this was the moment at which the chip shop owner - a surprisingly young vixen with a penchant for fish - bounced over and initiated idle chit-chat.

"Oh hey Pyro! How's it hangin'?"

"I'm oka- huh… okay, thankyou, just hu- haaaah… hungry!" Pyro managed a weak smile as she shifted uncomfortably in the chair, with her nose twitching delicately as the pepper wafted towards her. "Huuuh… How's the busine- uuuhhh…. going?"

"It's going great thanks! Business is finally booming since we got mentioned in that article… Is something wrong?" The vixen glanced at Pyro's scrunched up muzzle.

Pyro shook her head gently, but in doing so, more pepper particles dusted her nose from the irritant-laden air.

"Aahhhhhh… HaaaaaaaAAAHHHHH…. AAAAAAHHHH-"

The vixen leant over and pinched Pyro's nose sharply, causing a squeak from the unsuspecting hybrid, who had closed her eyes as the sneezy tickle in her nose has built up. Her nose was held firmly for a good few minutes, and slowly, the twitches became less sharp and demanding, and the irritation in her muzz died down. She peaked out of one eye at the vixen, who could feel the twitches reducing, and when she decided it was safe to let go, she gently let go of the nose, her hand dropping to her side - via the pepper spillage.

Peppery dust filled the air again all of a sudden, and Pyro's eyes watered heavily as the tickle built up instantaneously. Her muzzle wrinkled up tightly, and her nose was scrunched up and twitching nineteen to the dozen. Although she knew how dangerous it was for her to sneeze, she had no way of getting out of the shop, nor any chance of stopping her inevitable sneeze now.

"Heeeeehhh… Haaaaaaaaaahhhhhh…. AaaaaaaaaaaaAHHHHHH….. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH….. AAAAAAAAAAACHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The strength of the blast threw her backwards out of the seat, so she ended up in a sprawled pile on the floor. In comparison to the chip shop, however, she'd gotten off lightly.

"Dear God, Pyro! You've burnt a hole through the wall!"

Pyro peeked up from behind the chair, hoping desperately that the damage wasn't too bad. A small flame flickered in her nostril, which she put out with a light blow, and she finally caught sight of the devastation…

The entire west wall of the chippy had been blown out. A charcoal-like colour coated most of the rest of the shop, and flames lingered at the edges of the hole. She lowered her ears, and began to try and explain what happened, but as she opened her mouth to speak, a puff of pepper landed on her nose, having fallen from the top edge of the chair.

"I ha- aaaaaahhhh… have an allergy to… uhhhh…. pep- aaaaaaahhhhh… pepper…"

The vixen tilted her head confusedly, not quite understanding as to why the hybrid was still sniffly, but then she spotted the clouds of pepper above the table, heading straight towards Pyro.

"You might wanna run then!" she exclaimed, gesturing to the wafts of irritant.

Pyro needed no further persuasion. Picking herself up off the floor, she sprinted as fast as she could out of what was the west wall, nose twitching as she ran.

When she felt she'd reached a safe distance, her run slowed to a quick walk. Her nose, however, was of the opinion that this was not a safe distance, as it had begun to twitch faster and sharper with every step she took. Unbeknownst to her, the pepper had lightly coated her fur, but due to her dark, mottled coloration, she couldn't see that. Becoming frustrated with her overly twitchy nose, she rubbed it, hoping this would cure the tickle.

As she rubbed, the pepper on her forearm dislodged itself, floating up and filling her nostrils with peppery air. A strong twitch pulled her muzzle into a very scrunched state, and her nostrils flared as she tried to blow the dust from her sensitive airways.

As was usual when she got into this situation though, there was nothing she could do.

"Heehh…. Haaaaahhhhh…. Aaaaaahhhhhhh….. Aaaaaaachhhhooooo!! Aaaaaachhhooooooo!! Haaaaaahhhhh….. Aaaaaaachhhhooooooo!!"

With each sneeze, a burst of fire blew from her nostrils, burning whatever was in her path. The pavement became scorched around her, and a tree - stood passively about 20 yards down the road - seemed to spontaneously ignite.

Blinking her eyes repeatedly to get the dust and water from them, Pyro began to run. Her home was only 'round the corner, and within it was a shower - the best way to wash away the pepper and the sneezies.
Despite having to turn her head every other bound to sneeze, she managed to reach her front door - leaving behind her a trail of scorched tarmac, burning plants, and startled furs. She fumbled in her pocket for her housekey, but the movement of the clothing brought another cascade of pepper up to her nose.

"Haaaaaahhhhhh…. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh….. AaaaaaAAAAACHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Well, she didn't need to search for her keys anymore. Racing through the charred remains of the front door, she ran to the bathroom, threw herself at the shower knob, and breathed a sigh of relief as the water gushed down, dousing the flames from her nostrils and washing away the source of the devastation.

Standing there, with her fur and clothes now dripping wet, Pyro pressed her head gently against the tiles, making a mental note to ask the chip shop vixen to remove any pepper pots from the vicinity when she's next there.

Oh, and to write out a cheque for damages…
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:56:53 AM by Furry-Sneezes »

Offline Retrofan191

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Undecided
Re: [F + Story] Pyro's Pepper Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43:45 AM »
great story! really lived the buildups! hope to see more from you!

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 10:56:04 AM »
Indeed! I can certainly tell a lot from your writing. You've been tutored well and the British seeping into it amuses me. Only advice I could give is to research some of the 'fetish' means of spelling things out more phonetically. I could recommend that "Princess Twilight" pony story that was fairly recently posted as a piece that uses fancier spellings for things. ^__^ Agreed, hope to see more.
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline 37.4andcounting

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 01:24:11 PM »
Indeed! I can certainly tell a lot from your writing. You've been tutored well and the British seeping into it amuses me. Only advice I could give is to research some of the 'fetish' means of spelling things out more phonetically. I could recommend that "Princess Twilight" pony story that was fairly recently posted as a piece that uses fancier spellings for things. ^__^ Agreed, hope to see more.

If you meant Universe 63, it's actually set (and was written) before Twilight becomes a princess.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »
Yeah that one and I'm not someone you should bother correcting on pony stuff. No interest at all so me getting something wrong is like a drunk girl trying to type something. You just smile and nod and make the most sense out of it that you can.
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Sybrant

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: White shepherd dog c:
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 11:46:27 PM »
Thanks guys, and thanks for the tip - I'll read through that story, and work on some better spellings. :)