Author Topic: [M] Short-cuts  (Read 3338 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline BurningKhaos55

• Contributing Writer
  • Crafty Fox
    • View Profile
[M] Short-cuts
« on: November 28, 2014, 10:05:10 AM »
A/N: I wrote this between 3:30-4:00 am. That's all I got to say about quality. Comment if you like it, regardless of whether you do that, I do hope you enjoy it.

Jeremy sighed as he and his friends trudged down the gravel path, towards their camp cabin, shrugging his shoulders as his shivered slightly in the cold autum air. "Why, exactly did we have to stay out late?" he asked, wiping his nose. The air was making it sensitive and the fields beside them were coated with countless little flowers. All of which he was allergic to. His meds had worn off quite some time ago, likely his reason for being especially angry, although the artic fox wasn't especially happy under most circumstances anyway.

"Ah, c'mon Jer, you gotta loosen up man!" Finnick shouted, the buck-toothed rabbit laughed. He seemed perfectly fine in his red shirt and black shorts, devilish grin spreading over his face. "Besides, don't lie, you enjoyed that party. Plus you seemed to enough that vixen. The way your jeans shifted seemed to-". "Shut up!".

Their other companion, Harold, a border collie, burst out laughing at them (though it was mostly at Jeremy). "You too!" the smaller canine shouted, pointing. "And don't call me Jer!". "Heh. See what I mean when I said 'lighten up'?".
Jeremy huffed and glanced over to his friend, giving a loud sniffle. "Look, at we just go ahead and get back to our cabin? It's late, cold, my meds wore off, and now we're past curfew. Do you have any clue how much trouble we'd get in?". He had a hard enough time convicing them to leave the party, but this should be easier, right? And it was, but he didn't like the grin that dotted Harold's face. "Why yes Jerry, I think we should hurry up and get back. In fact, I think we oughta take the short cut.".

The nickname was enough, but the second that hand pointed to the field the words had left. "Absolutely not.". Harold nodded and grinned. "I figured you'd say that...buuutt...". He motioned to the bright lights-flashlights-just a little ways away, and grinned before coughing and giving a loud bark, charging out as fast as he could through the flower covered fields, the rabbit quickly behind him.

Jeremy's eyes snapped open as he gasped, looking around, the light's starting to move closer. They were only able to see a faint outline, but in just a few steps they'd see the fox, and the trouble would be...Crap!

Sighing, the fox whined before charging through the fields as fast as he could. This...This wasn't so bad, actually! He was starting to sniffle, nose becoming a little runny, but he wasn't sneezing at the very least! At least not until Finnick's constantly habit of hopping launched a flower right in his face, smacking right off his nose...

Oh no..."Nff..." he shivered, his pace slowing down as his nose twitched, nostrils flaring. "Oohh noo..." he whispered, giving a light hitch, followed by a quick sneeze.

"Hhh..Hiihh...Hh'SCHEIW!". He jerked forward, shoulders shrugging slightly as he sniffled, scrunching his muzzle up, twitching it. "Oo-Ooh jeez...K'CHII-!". Giving an awkward half-stifle, Jeremy, clamped his paws over his nose, once more jerking over.
Groaning quietly, he pulled his paws away and wiped them on his shirt. Why did he have to agree to this? Glancing up, he found his friends were slightly ahead of him. "W..Wait uh..up guys!" he tried to whisper, but ended up choking it out before giving a sharp snort, rearing his head back. "Hh..GEEH'CHEW! HEeh..ECHIEEOWW!". After those two sneezes, Jeremy, fittingly enough, doubled over. He made sure not to sniffle, despite how runny his nose was, with his nostrils just inches above the flowers. "Ohhh lord..." he groaned, whipping his nose off on his fur.

Panting quietly, the fox swiftly ran after his friends, or at the very least as fast as he could, occasionally having to stop to let out another sneeze. Finally, it was over as he stumbled inside their cabin and flopped over, landing right on his bed, quickly burying his face into the pillow were one could heard a loud if not stifled "HUUMMPHH!".

Rolling over, Jeremy glanced to his two friends, the border collie and bunny both chuckling and giggling, though Finnick slowly held out some tissues to his friend. "Hehe..S..Sorry..." he laughed, coughing in between as he slapped his knee. "Guess we didn't take into account your allergies...". "Yeah right!" Jeremy snorted, blowing his nose as he coughed too, albiet for different reasons. "HaHAHAH!" Harold laughed, falling on the bed. "That was quite the fit there!" he laughed, pointing to his friend. "I couldn't help it!".

For a while they laughed (though it was mostly Finnick and Harold) and squabbled before finally the rabbit laughed and gave Harold a playful shove. "Alright, alright, lay off of him, he's been through a bit this night." Nodding, the border collie playfully slapped Jeremy's back, smiling. "Remind me next time before we try that.". "No, I think you mean next time YOU try that!" Jeremy snapped, huffing. Giving a shrug, the border collie gave a sheepish grin. With that, the border collie walked over to his sleeping bag, got inside, and slowly but surely, went to sleep.

Giggling quietly, the bunny sat down beside his fox friend. "So...That was fun, huh?". Nodding, the fox rolled his eyes. "Yeah, it's as much fun as someone jabbing your nose with a pin." "Ah lighten up!" Finnick laughed, , looking at the fox. "Man, you take thing's so seriously sometime's.". Rolling his eyes once a gain, Jeremy gave his reply, this time holding a light hint of playfulness. "It's dry humor. And I like being in control of my body, thank you very much."

Soon he saw the bunny give him an evil grin before he jabbed the canine's nose. And just before that happened, he noticed there was a yellow hue coating his finger tip...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:24:39 AM by Furry-Sneezes »

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [M+Allergies] Short-cuts
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 04:57:25 PM »
i like it a lot! :3 well done!

Offline BurningKhaos55

• Contributing Writer
  • Crafty Fox
    • View Profile
Re: [M+Allergies] Short-cuts
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 07:23:53 PM »
Ah, why thank you SnEeZy! Glad you enjoyed it!