Author Topic: Waving Flowers  (Read 480 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Dylanthedynamic

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: vixen
Waving Flowers
« on: March 19, 2018, 09:15:01 AM »
Does anyone know if waving around flowers is actually enough to make someone sneeze? I know that plants produce pollen and it becomes airborne so I don't really know if waving around a bouquet accelerates that process or if it's just a trick used in the stories.

Offline bakky0

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
Re: Waving Flowers
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »
it doesn't. it's the flower perfume that does that. flower pollen is such a small amount, it couldn't do anything. people have allergies because the amount of pollen makes their nose sensitive, then it can sneeze from other things. this pollen amount could only come from certain plants that make a lot of it altogether, filling the entire air with it.

Offline Paws

• Finder of Obscurities
  • Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
  • Sassafrass
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Housecat (Turkish Angora)
"Check out the bees; they don't buzz around for money. They do it for free -- makin' love, makin' honey. Spreading pollen; how can you not fall in love!? And it might make you sneeze, but you better believe it's beautiful stuff."

http://sillysternuphiliac.tumblr.com/
http://snifflynose.deviantart.com/

(My adorable avatar was made from a sketch by Erudi!)