Author Topic: Sneeze fetish content at an extreme drought  (Read 684 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Darkjolteon83

• Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Elephant or any big cat
Sneeze fetish content at an extreme drought
« on: May 10, 2018, 05:35:03 PM »
Is it just me does it seem there is less and less sneezing material out there? Maybe there is more male sneezing stuff then female, but I feel like there has been a very extreme lag in material being made.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
Re: Sneeze fetish content at an extreme drought
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »
There kind of is, in my views. A lot of what's being produced is of an entirely different approach to what was being made years back. You still have a few people making things, but a lot of the artists that we used to see a lot of like Spoider/Ggolddduck, Muscovy/Alrek, Redra/Cattbut, etc, they don't take the time to draw stuff anymore because RL took over and they couldn't do it for a hobby.

Then, with me, I haven't had the ability to get the commission and requests that I used to be able to do. I still have a few I am slowly working towards, but it's not with the frequency I used to do.

A lot of what you get these days are singles with a different set of fetish criteria than before. The actual styles of the artists doing things these days are very cartoony or unpolished, making the resulting focal points much different from what I used to commission. I'm not sure there's been anything for several years, art-wise, that's actually interested me when I haven't personally had a hand in it.

But I think this may be largely in part to the fact that those coming into the fandom these days did NOT grow up with the extreme cartoony build-ups of the past. Or with the deep traditional flavor of 2D animation in the way Disney would do it. Or other such differences in values. There's also much less of an interest in 'generic' pieces the way it used to be. I've noticed a lot of what's made these days are personal pieces with characters, and that's never been of my personal interests. I'd much rather bury my mind in the concept itself.

There were some sketch page things that were posted recently that came close to being interesting, so there's those if you had an interest, but they had a cartoony sort of anatomy..? Not sure. I just know that as far as 'furry' stuff goes, there was a disconnect there. Again, that's just a personal level, after having been appreciating these types of sneezy things for, oh, over 16 years now?

In terms of random finds, there's been almost no random creations these days, either. Most people who draw no longer seem to do it for themselves, once they put themselves online and show some level of talent, lol. That, or doing random art exercises like 'an amusing cartoon sneeze' is just something that doesn't cross their minds. (Maybe that's again related to the fact that scenes like this are nearly absent from cartoon media. Or the fact that most cartoon media is 3D meaning it doesn't inspire 2D artists like it used to? Theories abound.)

Regardless of trying to trace the logic and social stuff, your observation is valid. I do miss the scene from 5-10 years ago. Moreso 10 years ago. But it is what it is now, and the best thing we can do is put ourselves out there for commissions and remember that we should share what we can. :3

(And if you're talking about the art gallery updates, that set-up is currently fried where I can't actually add any new entries and I have no clue why it's being a spaz, so... oops :<)
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Darkjolteon83

• Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Elephant or any big cat
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 06:34:18 PM »
I agree, but even stories are less and less. I guess the dry spell is a bit of a let down. Other sites have been shut down as well. There seems to be only 2 active sites now of days as well. But your right with the times things change. I just would love to see more. I will be writing more in a month or so when I am in a new apartment, so I guess there is that.

Offline TikoPiko

• Benevolent Dragon
  • Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 07:02:58 PM »
I'am agree with the fact there is less sneezy stuff in the past few years unfortunately, i would like to do stories (even if i never done it before) but actually i'm pretty busy so i will say not now but i plan to do stories this year.

Offline tornadowarning1

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Arctic/Red Fox or Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 10:50:51 PM »
I noticed this a lot too. It's a good thing though we still have people out there still contributing, but it seems it is not much. I might attempt to write a story when I'm not so busy, but as of right now it will probably be like this..

Offline pollenpepperlover

• Crafty Fox
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Pegasus
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 10:52:44 PM »
I feel like my art has been flooding the art section. The "sketchy, unpolished" pieces that are being accredited to me cost the commissioners $2. I'd say they're pretty good considering.

Thanks for calling my sketch pages "close to being interesting", FS. :P I'll look and see if I can't try a more realistic style. Maybe you could take a stab at it. :)
My Furaffinity
Commissions are Open!

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 11:16:36 PM »
XD Don't take any offense, dear. I'm old and picky and you shouldn't even begin to make pleasing me a goal, lol. <3 Keep on enjoying what you are enjoying.

But if you do want to get better, it's a strong core of anatomical skill that usually ends up pleasing me in art. When breasts and arms and such aren't drawn correctly or at least in a style that meshes well and flows, then I get taken out of my enjoyment. Working on anatomy should be done with a lot of real life reference, between both animal and human shapes. Lots of nice art resources out there for those things.

(But again, I don't expect anyone to please me, or even want to please me for the sake of me 'owning' this place, I'm just here keeping it online at this point. ^_^; )

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Offline yasl

• Crafty Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 03:04:53 PM »
As we say in the FOSS community: patches welcome...

Personally, I don't feel there's much difference between now and 5 years ago.  There was a bit of a rush when the site was new, and it has gradually cooled down since.

I think the "artists doing things these days" bit was very inartfully put, and I don't think I really get the sentiment.  Not every artist is Kenket (or whoever), but I've never felt the need to say "oh, SoAndSo, your art's not quite to my particular taste; no pressure, but if you want to get better at art, try being more like Kenket".

I know that's an inaccurately grim reading, and doesn't reflect what was actually meant.  But I do feel a lot more care could be taken here, and sometimes care means eliding statements that could be taken poorly, not merely couching them.  This thread is not very becoming.  :-/

Offline Y31

• Mischievous little kitty
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
  • Too creative for his own good
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Housecat
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 04:43:34 PM »
As we say in the FOSS community: patches welcome...

Personally, I don't feel there's much difference between now and 5 years ago.  There was a bit of a rush when the site was new, and it has gradually cooled down since.

I think the "artists doing things these days" bit was very inartfully put, and I don't think I really get the sentiment.  Not every artist is Kenket (or whoever), but I've never felt the need to say "oh, SoAndSo, your art's not quite to my particular taste; no pressure, but if you want to get better at art, try being more like Kenket".

I know that's an inaccurately grim reading, and doesn't reflect what was actually meant.  But I do feel a lot more care could be taken here, and sometimes care means eliding statements that could be taken poorly, not merely couching them.  This thread is not very becoming.  :-/

A lot of this.  But just to add my own two cents . . .

As the person responsible for commissioning most of those "close to interesting" pieces, I feel like I have a stake in this too.  I've mostly been getting those because they're cheap and good value. 

Throwing shade at PPL specifically seems rather uncalled for.  If you don't like it, fine.  I'm not asking you to lie and say that you do.  But in response to the initial post you could have just said something like "yeah, there isn't as much content as there used to be, and what there is is less to my liking compared with what we used to get."  You know, without calling out anyone in particular.  You keep falling back on "I'm old and picky" as a defense; my response is that if you don't have anything nice to say you don't have to say anything at all. 

And I know you're going to accuse me of stifling criticism, but that's not my goal.  If an artist asks you for criticism you should of course provide it honestly.  But when someone's making an observation of the lack of new content, it's really not your place to throw barbs at anyone's work in your response, especially when they aren't there, and especially in such a condescending way. 

(Accusations of white knighting incoming in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .)

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »
You guys are welcome to your own opinions. My opinion isn't one that's meant to be universally accepted. That's the nice thing about a site like this. There's no offense to be had when some of us say that nothing here has been interesting to us.

I'm not expecting to be satisfied. I only said that the demographic has shifted. Some artists are still learning, so their art is going to be different or unpolished. That's part of things. However, I've never been one to easily support such things, especially in the context of a fetish. My beliefs on artists' personal growth don't line up with other people's usually. But I'm also not going around saying "You suck" or "Stop drawing" or any mean things like that. I'm sitting in the corner, not replying to topics, letting the site exist on its own. The only reason I said ~anything~ is because it was applicable in this topic.

I gave theories on what was different from in the past. Some of that includes a shift in values. Some of that includes a shift in talent with the more experienced traditional artists moving on in life. Some of it includes a change in what drives artists overall due to society giving people far more stimulation. Some of it includes a different source of what gifts us our fetishes resulting in different things we look for. Some of it can be attributed to a change in the entertainment media we watch when compared to 20 years ago. They're theories. If one feels applicable, then cool. If it doesn't, try a different one, because the world's not black and white.

My post here is one of a regular member, not one of the site owner. And as a member, it's important to share my opinion during times like this. If others feel they're being satisfied by what's been created lately, then that's just as valid as what I'm saying. I'm saying I miss professional pieces by artists that have researched what the human body looks like and can reproduce it in anthro form. (Or have a good non-anthro style, etc.) I think that skillset is very important before even diving into fetish related artwork.

Others can disagree, and that's fine. I'm not being a dictator. But we need to stop living in the age of SJW where it's improper to voice a critical opinion. Criticism keeps us from living solely in our own little bubbles. Hounding someone and hammering negativity into them isn't good, but showing there's people out there that hold different values and views is healthy.

Likewise, rather than trying to attack the exact wording that someone uses at times of emotion like these, it's more important to consider why they might be feeling the way they do, and looking closer at where their emotions may be coming from. There's more to words than the words themselves.

Offline Y31

• Mischievous little kitty
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
  • Too creative for his own good
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Housecat
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 12:17:01 AM »
It's not your opinion that PPL, yasl, and I are objecting to, it's the way in which you express it. You could do without the snideness and condescension.  If you think that makes us thin-skinned SJWs who can't take the slightest hint of criticism without running off crying to our safe spaces, that's your opinion too.  I would not consider that an accurate characterization, however.  Of course, I doubt you'll listen on that front. 

Likewise, rather than trying to attack the exact wording that someone uses at times of emotion like these, it's more important to consider why they might be feeling the way they do, and looking closer at where their emotions may be coming from. There's more to words than the words themselves.

You should take your own advice rather than assuming that everything we say comes from a bubble of hurt fee-fees.  Do note that I have not been trying to force the art down your throat and demand that you like it.  I'm not offended that you don't, despite what you seem to think.  For all your gripes about bubbles, you seem very comfortable in your own.  Maybe if you crawled out from underneath your blanket of smug moral superiority you might see that your attitude has been a major factor in driving people away from the site.  But that would require a modicum of self-awareness and reflection, and I doubt you can bring yourself to do find any of either within yourself.  I've been offering this same advice to you for upwards of a year now, sometimes more subtly, sometimes more bluntly.  And it's always been because I want to help you and help the site.  But you've never listened before, so I don't expect you to now. 

Do you remember complaining to me that nobody talks to you anymore?  I remember hearing that many times, where you thanked me for being one of the only ones who still did.  So let me be clear now:  this smug attitude I've been mentioning all this time is a major factor in you being lonely.  Strangely, people don't want to interact with someone who never apologizes for upsetting anyone, always thinks that they're right and perfect, and plays victim and martyr when they're challenged on it.  I consider myself a patient and tactful person, but you have finally succeeded in running me out of my supply of both.  Congratulations. 

But no, you're going to interpret this as an unjust, unfair personal attack from a disgruntled screeching harpy.  Oh, the humanity!  Oh, the woe!  You'll respond with another snide reply about how I'm an SJW who can't handle a dissenting opinion.  That is not true.  What I can't handle are smug people with no self-awareness.  You call us SJWs?  Let me fill you in on a secret.  The thing most people hate about SJWs isn't their politics, it's their smug sense of moral superiority and constant playing of the victim card instead of conceding to a debate.  You accuse us of being SJWs, but you're the one using their tactics of "everything I do is 100% right, apologizing is weakness, and any criticisms are unfair and intolerant."

Believe whatever you want, but don't blame us when your bad attitude causes the site to continue hemorrhaging users whose patience for your behavior is far less than mine. 

I dare you to call this SJW thinking, or say that I'm just being emotional, or ban me for daring to challenge you. 

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 12:47:48 AM »
Umm, wutt? :P

I'm being quite calm, introspective, and mellow. Comments like the one you quoted are spoken in a general sense. If you feel it applies to your statements, then the onus is on you. I'm speaking of that thought process on a general level.

There's no 'smugness' involved here, seriously. I'm also not seeking to endear myself, because I have had a lot going on in my life and really haven't needed this place in the way I used to. But I do find it nice that people are using it and having fun. I was just reflecting on how different things are.

There's two ways to read my words. One is a stern and forceful way, the other is as you might find a philosopher's thoughts from centuries ago. I personally write them as the latter, even if it can be easy to view them in a harsher light.

My goal in writing here (this topic) has never been one of a defensive stance, or even offensive stance. Merely a reflective and contemplative one. I'm not seeking anything from those still using this site, however it was a proper platform to voice my personal opinion that I haven't had any personal enjoyment from the content submitted here in many years. Does this mean I have hatred for those who are finding enjoyment? No, certainly not. It just means we are different.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 05:02:58 AM by Furry-Sneezes »

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2018, 06:16:19 AM »
there's a drought 'cause you keep driving people away, lol

we could have content by ari-dynamic/crazyassbeethoven here...

we could have content by playstationman, java, ggolddduck, and idiotfarm here, maybe more...

in fact, they could all be here right now-- enlightening us with their stories and artwork. it's not a matter of constantly keeping us with fapping and browsing material for years, they could be here right now engaging with us and we'd all be having a really good time.

coulda, woulda, shoulda...

this website is touted as being all-inclusive, but all i see is an admin who cherishes his opinions and ideals so badly, that you're willing to burn bridges with creators who would love to be on here right now engaging with everybody else and giving us sneezy good entertainment.

a thread like this should not need to exist... but here it is.

you seem to be the only one out of three major sneezing fetish websites to constantly "reflect" by complaining that the content here has reached a slow point.

...that's not how you run a fetish forum. hell, the other fetish forums i'm in (not counting sneezing) don't do this. you're the only one.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 06:18:05 AM by SnEeZy »

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2018, 06:53:06 AM »
Look, I've been very calm and measured so far, but this last post kind of crosses a line with the amount of sheer bullshit being slung around.

Psman: Banned for poor behavior. These issues were present with more users than just me. He's banned, get over it.
Java: No clue. Somehow she got offended because I celebrated her content?!?
Ggolddduck: No clue. Same as the above as far as I know?? Or because I whined a bit in the past about her commissions being expensive? I don't understand people all the time. Moreso, however, this artist almost never makes art anymore. So how is that my fault??
Blinky: Wait what? Dude was the biggest drama llama possible who treated artists like dirt while also begging them for stuff. All artists hated the guy. I banned him from here to keep him from harassing the artists.
CAB: He blocked me out of the blue, supposedly because I gave an honest critique of his art, and then threw a massive fit when I called him on being unable to have an adult discussion involving a difference of views. I never quashed his art here until he acted all nutters, and then I decided I wouldn't archive his art here for the sake of curtailing drama. Up until that point, while I disliked his art on a personal level, I did nothing against it as a site admin and encouraged his artwork to be shared.

Like... For fuck's sake people, I'm an actual person, I'm not some automated program running the website. But at the same time, I can generally put me-as-a-person apart from how I run the site. Otherwise there would be no male content at all because I'm straight. Does that sound reasonable? No, it doesn't. XD

If people can't accept that I, as a person, have no interest in their art / think their art is bad / whatever / whatever, and then they think that the site itself and everyone on it also hate their stuff because the owner, another human being, has a damned opinion, then that's on them. I ran this site fairly when it mattered. I've also made maybe 10 posts in the last year because I've been letting the site manage itself, content-wise. I can't do proper art gallery updates, I have fallen frustratingly behind on the video updates, and there's bugs to no end that I have no talent or money to fix. I've fuckin' kept to myself this whole time because I don't have anything to contribute and don't care to be a part of the social stuff.

I couldn't care less anymore if there's a content drought. It's a bit remorseful when contemplated, but so what? I also think it'd be a better world if only 10% of the population had access to the internet rather than 95%, but we accept reality as it is none-the-less. A reflective opinion is just that. I contributed to this topic with said opinions and views. "Art with polished anatomy in sequential content does not really exist anymore. Here's my thoughts on why that might be, but I'm just making educated guesses." ...because I'm not a fucking psychic or mind reader.

I'm also not some glorious fucking god here to dictate how to please your fucking dick. XD I'm just an average or even below-average guy who happens to have cared enough to make a goddamned archive for your fetish fapping fantasies. Who gives a fuck if I feel like nothing's ever made that I like anymore? It's annoying, but so what? I'm not breathing down your neck about it. I shared my damned opinion in a topic relevant and... where else? Nope. I have kept to myself. XD

I've been very calm until this post, but quite frankly ya'll can go fuck yourselves for treating me like I can't have a bloody opinion of my own. I'm not forcing it on anyone, and I'm not even bitching about things anymore, just observing. You can like whatever you want to like. You can draw whatever snotty messy you want to draw with whatever unpolished awkward looking styles you like. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean shit about whether YOU can enjoy it. XD Meanwhile, I don't. I've said many many times, I'm picky. I'm OKAY with being picky. I'm not asking to be pleased, especially not anymore, especially not by what other people pay money for. However, what's created these days is different in essence from the past. There's a focus on messy. There's a focus on colored singles. There's a focus on cartoony or strange styles or penises. There's a huge focus on creatures with hooves over creatures with pawpads. There's focuses on many other things because hey, different people with different interests!

But at the end of the day, at least I can fucking respect the fact that you like that sort of thing, even if I don't understand the appeal and do not care for it in the slightest. That's what tolerance is. Tolerance is having an opinion but not hating someone for not sharing that opinion. At least, that's part of what it is. Ya'll are salty little fucks, goddamn. XD

(I'm not even all THAT pissed, just sick of this blatant stupidity, lol. It's like, it just goes onnnn and onnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnn. I have my own life to deal with, so I'm just gonna lock this stupidness. Go wallow in whatever drama cespool you want, but kindly keep it off my site. You can go whine and post logs and cry to your mothers about it over at that other site. That was quite hilariously juvenile, btw, doing that. XD Meanwhile I've got an adult's life to deal with, a relationship and hobbies to handle, and plenty more to take care of than this stupid little argument is worth. XD I mean, I swear, some people just live to find drama in everything.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 07:12:44 AM by Furry-Sneezes »