Author Topic: Favorite types of noses?  (Read 334 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Online Retrofan191

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Undecided
Favorite types of noses?
« on: December 30, 2018, 01:45:25 PM »
Do you have a preference on nose types? Personally, I'm quite fond of candid and dragon noses. Not sure I can explain why though

Offline HyperSneeze

• Playful Wolf
  • If I wanted to add Personal Text here, I would
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Fox/Kitsune
Re: Favorite types of noses?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 01:59:40 PM »
I'm gonna say my favourite type of nose is probably... Vulpine? (I think that's the fancy term for foxes and stuff) just because I find it strangely adorable x3

Just like watching that small squishy nose give off a sound and a force that may or may not be too powerful for their own body, I find it fills an empty void in my heart with happiness and interest.

I wanna say Wolves as well, just because I can imagine the teasing irritant fluttering up and down that long, sensitive muzzle... ahh, leaves me feeling giddy <3
"To sneeze, or not to sneeze... that is not the question, but the demand. Now... sniff this whole pepper shaker, if you please."

Offline CC007

• Benevolent Dragon
  • Crafty Fox
  • Tickle, tickle, tickle~
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Elephants and octopuses
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 02:17:08 PM »
I have a thing for elephant trunks, hehe. Just imagining it wriggle around, giant nostrils flaring, all those twists, turns, and curves as it fights the never-ending itch from within is just so pleasing to my heart. So many wonderful descriptions. ^^

I also like aardvark snouts and dragon snouts too. :3
I try to do my best, even if I'm not the best.

Online Retrofan191

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 02:35:51 PM »
Great input! What you said about the vulpine sneezes possibly being too powerful for their own body is such an adorable thought!
I'm just imagining one feeling slightly uneasy because they can feel their nose winding up for a big one. They try to kind of brace themselves before it comes out

I agree about the wolf muzzles too. I like to imagine they require more to make them sneeze (but it ultimately comes out bigger/stronger) because that long muzzle has to fill with enough sneezy tension and not just their nose

Online Retrofan191

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 02:39:16 PM »
Oh yes, large trunks and such are amazing as well. Love what you said about about the twisting and curving as they try to fight it

Offline Snottybirdsneezes

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Hawk
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 05:38:41 PM »
I'm a big fan of most types of noses. I like how much reptilian noses can flare, and how messy their sneezes can be. Seeing a dragon or T-Rex sneeze is great. I'm also a fan of canid noses, especially wolves and foxes. Their noses can get quite wiggly and they can be plenty squishy. Trunks are also great, since they can be quite messy and have great nostril flaring, plus there is something to the length of their trunks which makes it even more exciting. I also love lion noses. They have the squish factor I like, have good nostril flare, and can produce good mess. Last but not least, I do enjoy beaks, mostly because they seem defenseless and can look quite attractive when covered in snot after a large sneeze.

Offline tornadowarning1

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leapord
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 07:20:01 PM »
Gee I can't really decide!  ;D
I really like canid ones cause of their high reactivity and how soft they are, same for any other kinds like it [bears, otters, etc.]! Also I like it when the sense of smell is strong too because the irritants tickle their snouts more!
I also like large dragon noses because a scaly snout at that size would be fun to tease! :P
As for underrated, I'd say that deer anthros have great noses too! The thought of teasing one with a large feather and making those nostrils flare wide ;3

Online Gerplexan

• Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: I like all animals
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 12:40:32 AM »
Iím gonna have to agree with canine noses, especially foxes and wolves, being my favorite because of the same reasons listed above. I love how far away the nose is from the rest of the face, leaving it susceptable to stimuli. Plus, my heart flutters seeing the muzzle scrunch up like an accordian when a sneeze is on its way. <3

Offline Snottybirdsneezes

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Hawk
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 07:37:00 AM »
I forgot about bears! They have deliciously large nostrils.

Also equine noses. They have great flexible nostrils.

I also think bovine noses are good. Their big and squishy noses are really neat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:45:18 AM by Snottybirdsneezes »

Offline tornadowarning1

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leapord
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 08:22:16 AM »

I also think bovine noses are good. Their big and squishy noses are really neat.

Hehe, glad you think the same! Sooo underrated in furry sneezing art! :P

Offline CC007

• Benevolent Dragon
  • Crafty Fox
  • Tickle, tickle, tickle~
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Elephants and octopuses
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 09:06:30 AM »

I think I can see where equine and bovine noses can be appealing. Broad, kinda squishy, and good reactions too. Horses are more popular though, it seems.
I try to do my best, even if I'm not the best.

Offline UltimateChimera

• Crafty Fox
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: A Chimera
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 01:16:36 AM »
I would say my absolute favorite types are avian nostrils, beaks. Mostly because as much as I adore flaring nostrils, something about a solid beak being unable to flare, and having one of the few ways to relieve itchy sneezy distress inside of a fragile nose taken away seems so devious~
Beak nostrils are so thin, anything super tiny can crawl inside with ease. Or even slide a tickly fluffy feather into the delicate slot. It can't flare or close, the ticklish delicate nasal passages just inside are helpless to stop it~
Coochie coo, you'll sneeze soon~