Author Topic: Do these, count as that? (A question)  (Read 192 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline HyperSneeze

• Playful Wolf
  • If I wanted to add Personal Text here, I would
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Fox/Kitsune
Do these, count as that? (A question)
« on: January 24, 2019, 03:52:56 PM »
Alright, confusing title to draw people in? Check
Probably a stupid question but asking regardless? Check
Ok, so here's my question.

If I was to take a creature/monster from a game that isn't human, and make it human/anthro, would that be alright here? I would put what animal they're based on in the title, and then leave a link to an image of what they're based on.

I was thinking of doing a Fanfic based on a creature from Monster Hunter, but making them human/humanoid/anthro, so I was just unsure on how it would be classed as, and if it would even be allowed on the site.
"To sneeze, or not to sneeze... that is not the question, but the demand. Now... sniff this whole pepper shaker, if you please."

Offline CC007

• Benevolent Dragon
  • Crafty Fox
  • Tickle, tickle, tickle~
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Elephants and octopuses
Re: Do these, count as that? (A question)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 04:21:04 PM »
Ah, I can see what you want. Hm, I could see the appeal, though it changes the character far from usual, but only in form really. Whether or not that's actually legal/allowed, you'd have to ask an admin. Or do it anyway XD
I try to do my best, even if I'm not the best.

Offline HyperSneeze

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:37:32 PM »
Ah, I can see what you want. Hm, I could see the appeal, though it changes the character far from usual, but only in form really. Whether or not that's actually legal/allowed, you'd have to ask an admin. Or do it anyway XD

That's true
I just want to check first incase it's something prohibited that I can't post, the go through the work of writing to just be told-
"Sorry, can't be doing that here" or something xD
"To sneeze, or not to sneeze... that is not the question, but the demand. Now... sniff this whole pepper shaker, if you please."

Offline yasl

• Crafty Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 12:53:12 PM »
[Disclaimer: Not an admin.]

It would be totally fine.  An anthro is an anthro no matter what creature it's based on.  And anthro is furry.

It would also be unambiguously fine to post content about a Monster Hunter creature or other monster, in non-anthro form, as long as it was depicted with approximately human-level intelligence (sapience).  That class of character is commonly called "feral".  And feral is furry.
(Most modern four-legged dragons fit here, for instance.)

A creature with clearly sub-human intelligence ("non-sapient") is more of a gray area.  But as long as nothing sapient is engaging sexually with the non-sapient, I wouldn't expect objections.

Also, in the particular case of Monster Hunter, there's already oodles of specific prior art placing those creatures in the furry fandom (at least when depicted as sapient).  Reference: [NSFW] https://e621.net/post/index?tags=monster_hunter [NSFW].

Offline HyperSneeze

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 01:03:57 PM »
[Disclaimer: Not an admin.]

It would be totally fine.  An anthro is an anthro no matter what creature it's based on.  And anthro is furry.

It would also be unambiguously fine to post content about a Monster Hunter creature or other monster, in non-anthro form, as long as it was depicted with approximately human-level intelligence (sapience).  That class of character is commonly called "feral".  And feral is furry.
(Most modern four-legged dragons fit here, for instance.)

A creature with clearly sub-human intelligence ("non-sapient") is more of a gray area.  But as long as nothing sapient is engaging sexually with the non-sapient, I wouldn't expect objections.

Also, in the particular case of Monster Hunter, there's already oodles of specific prior art placing those creatures in the furry fandom (at least when depicted as sapient).  Reference: [NSFW] https://e621.net/post/index?tags=monster_hunter [NSFW].

Ahh.
Yeah, that's what I was kinda aiming for. They would be as intelligent as normal humans, but have the appearance of human-esque monsters like those images.
Maybe a bit safer though, to start off xD
Something like this, maybe- https://www.kisspng.com/png-monster-hunter-world-monster-hunter-tri-monster-hu-3746617/preview.html

Offline yasl

• Crafty Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 01:18:41 PM »

Offline HyperSneeze

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »
Yeah, in retrospect I probably should've linked to: https://e621.net/post/index?tags=monster_hunter%20rating:safe

XD

That's perfectly fine, I just wanted to confirm things before I started writing xD
I somewhat have an idea in mind, but trying to balance everything in my life is a real hassle.
Thanks, however  :3