Author Topic: The SneezeFetishForum has no admins...  (Read 1273 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline ZakuConvoy

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
The SneezeFetishForum has no admins...
« on: January 30, 2019, 03:53:54 PM »
I don't think this is being discussed here yet, and it MIGHT effect some in this community.  Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place.  Apparently, the SneezeFetishForum is soon to be without ANY admins whatsover.  And it kind of sounds like the owner is AWOL, too.

https://www.sneezefetishforum.org/topic/75113-what-are-exceptional-circumstances-for-validationwould-it-just-be-easier-to-start-from-scratch/?do=findComment&comment=901414

Just...fair warning.  There might be a uptick in traffic here...or not, maybe this is all blown out of proportion, who knows?

Offline Speedweed

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
Re: The SneezeFetishForum has no admins...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 04:21:01 PM »
If this can result in more stuff being added there without fear of bans or warnings for minimal reasons, I honestly think itís a good thing. Gives everyone just that much more freedom. Cause nobodyís gonna take over the site or anything, so there isnít much of an issue

Online Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 06:12:40 PM »
I can sympathize. I'm not sure my moderators are very active here, either. And I've been the only one actually validating the accounts here. I'm hardly around anymore, don't have time for proper archive updates, etc. I do make sure to let in new people, watch for spam and harassment, and contribute where possible.

There's another interesting aspect to all of this, however. I feel like the way sneezes are portrayed compared to the 90's has greatly changed. We don't get those silly overdone build-ups anymore, leaving most sneezes as incidental things rather than plot points. This long drought compared to the prevalence of the past is shifting the style of incoming members, as well as drying the well, so to speak.

To say nothing of the general change in venue preference from forums to other sources.

Dunno! I'm doing my best to at least keep the lights on here, even if I'm less active. The people who donate are definitely appreciated for their selflessness.
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Chikara

• Canid Leaders
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 10:27:53 PM »
I pretty much never visit SFF, so I can't really comment on things there.

@FS: I could do some new-member validating when I see it come up if you like. I just always assumed that I should be leaving that to you.

I agree that there's a lot less build-ups these days, though not a total absence of them.

Add my appreciation for people who donate, too.

Online Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 12:29:46 AM »
True, Chikara, you're definitely still around a lot, and you've been a help for sure. Apologies for it slipping my mind. For account activation: If you see someone needing approved that's been there a few days and want to help, my policy is generally to make sure it's not a suspicious looking account (troll, bot, etc) which is usually confirmed by some evidence they are a human with their field entry, and then outside of that making sure that it's not a duplicate account. Those I tend to address directly and resolve any issues they have with account access, etc. I've relaxed a lot lately due to bugs on ensuring that people actively fill out the full set of stuff. Sometimes that info gets lost when they go through after skipping the date of birth entry, and they don't notice when they resubmit (or it simply gets lost from a coding issue.)

And yes, there's the occasional really good sneeze. I just fondly remember the massive collection of animated sneezes, popular characters like Sneezer (relatively speaking in popularity of course), and other throwbacks to the early days of animation that really solidified the fetish in myself and I assume many others that were my age. Thank goodness for children's programming though, that seems to be one of the easier places for cute sneezes.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Offline CC007

• Elder Dragon
  • Tickle, tickle, tickle~
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Elephants and octopuses
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 05:23:26 AM »
This site is quite old, and a lot of people here have not been very active. I'm not sure how the site would continue without any admin (or even mods), since I haven't been on this site very long.
I try to do my best, even if I'm not the best.

Online Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 08:03:00 AM »
There hasn't been much of an influx of people in this modern age. Not sure how a site like SFF fares on such things these days, though.

Also, to be fair, this site's primary purpose is an archive, especially for older content. So lurkers are more than expected, and community engagement is a tricky business when most of the content is quite old. If I had the energy and passion I had in the past, as well as if there were less hobbies taking up my time, I imagine there'd be more updates. But as it stands, there's still plenty of old stuff, and our doors are definitely still open. I visit every couple of days, if not every day, and I read every post. :3 Sometimes it's okay for a site to be slow, as long as there's still engagement and such.

Offline oneofthree

• Teller of Tales
  • Benevolent Writing Dragon
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Clydesdale. Feathered hooves ftw.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 03:10:03 AM »
I'll try to post more stuff here...

...I stopped posting anything on SFF because the admins were dickheads and they don't deserve to get me to post anything. :P
Feel free to give me a message sometime.  I'm almost always up for a little RPing, or story ideas.
My elephant braiding her hair avatar by Moko

Offline megacycle

• Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • Elder Dragon
  • My tennis balls are priceless!
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: red wolf
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 10:59:31 PM »
That's interesting news... a website with no acting admins doesn't sound very good, the site is sort of dead without them. No new members can join the site without a acting staff for verifying members. I'm a member but I don't frequent the site to often... I never got a warm and fuzzy vibe there. I only spoke to a handful of people that were cool and most of those people aren't online anymore. So yeah... Not much of a reason for me to post much on there or spend much time there. After being verified I stopped posting for a while... it was a long wait... I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens on the blue forum.
I've got nothing important to say. I just wanted to type something in this box of my profile. I'm an egg short of a dozen. A puzzle without all the pieces. I'm crazy.

Offline bben9

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: I like Foxes
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 02:25:39 AM »
I can't lie, It's a VERY good forum & all, but I cringed at all the "Thank You Staff" comments, trust me, Ik Administration work is hard, Hell I own 5 servers, and even though they are small I feel the frustration and pain on the amountof work I try to put into them, just for them to die, crash, & burn. All i'm saying is, to me, I don't thinl it's TOO hard to find some new admins 😅😅

Offline Zracken3

• Playful Wolf
  • I <3 BIG sneezes
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 06:12:53 AM »
   Just wondering if this situation has changed at all. I've tried to register with the site for months but have had no luck. Does anyone more "in the know" have any idea?

EDIT: Just had my registration approved the day after posting this  :P
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:46:05 AM by Zracken3 »
I'm here to contribute. No, seriously! Guuuuuys, I'm serious! :P

Offline ZakuConvoy

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 09:01:02 PM »
Just...a fair warning.  I don't think anyone's been validated after reaching 50 posts since...at least December 2018.  Possibly earlier.

I can't be 100% certain since I don't keep track of EVERY unvalidated member.  But, I've been keeping an eye on some other Pending level members that reached 50 posts around the time I did, and I don't think anyone ever got validated.  I know one guys said he's been waiting for 3 years, and there are still Pending-level members that have 4000 posts.

I've been waiting since October 2018 to get validated and it just doesn't seem to be a priority at all for the staff, so...if you're hoping to get access to the full site, you may be waiting a while.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 09:09:59 PM by ZakuConvoy »

Offline Zracken3

• Playful Wolf
  • I <3 BIG sneezes
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 09:29:52 PM »
Just...a fair warning.  I don't think anyone's been validated after reaching 50 posts since...at least December 2018.  Possibly earlier.

I can't be 100% certain since I don't keep track of EVERY unvalidated member.  But, I've been keeping an eye on some other Pending level members that reached 50 posts around the time I did, and I don't think anyone ever got validated.  I know one guys said he's been waiting for 3 years, and there are still Pending-level members that have 4000 posts.

I've been waiting since October 2018 to get validated and it just doesn't seem to be a priority at all for the staff, so...if you're hoping to get access to the full site, you may be waiting a while.

Okay, thank you for the warning. For now, I think I'll be happy enough to be able to post at all. Maybe later down the road it'll become a problem, but I'm content for now. I do hope they get on that though. No members means no forum.
I'm here to contribute. No, seriously! Guuuuuys, I'm serious! :P