Author Topic: [Unlocated] Sesame Street - Unknown - M - Snuffy - Cold - "Snuffle Blow-ling"  (Read 228 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
So, I doubt we'll be able to locate this one.  But, I wanted to at least ask if someone knows what episode this is.  It kind of started it all for me.  :)

Snuffy is bedridden by a cold, so his friends all come to visit him in his cave.  He tells them about how he's been passing the time by playing "Snuffle Blow-ling".  He points out a set of big bowling pins on the other side of the room.

When Big Bird asks if he needs a ball to knock them down, Snuffy says no.  He has to wait for "the urge".  After a minute or so, Snuffy excitedly declares that he's getting "the urge", and tells everyone to stand back.

A very long, quiet buildup ensues.  Snuffy huffs and wheezes under his breath for a solid 30 seconds or so.  You almost don't know what's happening, when suddenly he let out a huge sneeze!  He knocks over a bunch of the pins, to everyone's surprise and delight.  They urge him to try again, and knock down the rest of the pins.  He does so multiple times during the episode, with the same slow, drawn out, sneezy buildup  ;D

To this day, I cannot find the slightest trace of this episode on the internet!  I have scoured Muppet Wiki, and haven't been able to locate it.  Does anyone by chance know what episode this was?  All I know is that I saw it when I was really little (late 80s, early 90s).  It may have been a rerun, I don't know.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Offline RyuunosukeKuorsawa96

• Young Kitten
    • View Profile
I found the episode on the muppet wiki: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2251

Finding the episode itself may not be easy, however, finding a good quality one may be much more of a chore.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 01:19:43 AM by RyuunosukeKuorsawa96 »

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
I'll be darned!!!  ;D ;D

I'm glad I made this post.  You found something in a matter of hours that I've been looking for, for years!  Lol, thank you so much!  :)

Yeah, I agree.  Finding the episode probably will be difficult.  If anyone somehow manages to, please let me know!  I'd almost put a bounty on this xD

Offline Mysterygirl400

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Cats and cockroaches
I think this is the episode you're looking for. It matches your description:

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2513

Offline CC007

• Crafty Fox
  • Tickle, tickle, tickle~
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Elephants and octopuses
Weird, there are 2 people who are showing 2 different episodes (with the same plot somehow) and both say that it's the episode you're looking for. XD
I try to do my best, even if I'm not the best.

Offline Chikara

• Canid Leaders
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
Could be that they re-used it in a later episode?

Offline CC007

• Crafty Fox
  • Tickle, tickle, tickle~
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Elephants and octopuses
Could be that they re-used it in a later episode?

I was thinking that, but since I'm not a Muppets or Sesame Street fan, not being born in that timeframe, I dunno how they air the show.
I try to do my best, even if I'm not the best.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
"Sesame Street
Plot   Snuffy has the snuffle-flu
repeat of 2251"

It's both. :)
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
"Sesame Street
Plot   Snuffy has the snuffle-flu
repeat of 2251"

It's both. :)

Correct! :)  Not long after I received the first reply, I saw that this was also used in another episode.  I'm not surprised, as it seems like Sesame Street recycles a lot of their material.

Although, I think it's awesome that multiple people were able to find this.  Thank you all again! :D