Author Topic: [Announcement] Moderator Recruitment  (Read 3522 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona: Red Fox
[Announcement] Moderator Recruitment
« on: September 08, 2019, 05:27:55 PM »
My old moderators have all taken to not coming around, not counting Chikara. I'm around a lot less these days as well. I think it's important to provide at least some sort of active moderator for you guys. Especially since one day, I won't really have the energy or interest to continue this site myself. I don't want to see what happened to the original Blue forum happen here.

For now, the requirements I'm looking for are that the person is here regularly, and that they are very detail oriented. It also helps if the person is more on the conservative/cautious side as that tends to result in better objectiveness in moderation.

There's a few people I have in mind, but I'm not going to put that direct pressure on them. If they volunteer, then I'll give them extra consideration. :3 So if someone out there wants to show some interest in stepping forward and improving this site, helping with new user activation, and other basic moderator tasks... Send me a direct PM.
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
Re: [Announcement] Moderator Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 08:33:44 PM »
Replies are coming in. I wanted to take a moment here to say that I'm reading through them, and since I'll be out of town for a few weeks, I'll be making follow-ups when I return from that. (So don't stress out from a lack of reply! :3)

As for a bit more detail on the responsibilities... Ideally, I want to have someone capable of helping to advance the site in the long term. I don't mean with 'coding', but with forum topic cleanup in a similar way to what stuff I've done in the past. Even better if they can work with Chikara to establish a way of pushing through the large amount of new video clips we've gotten in the several years since an update. He's had a lot less free time lately, but I'm sure there's a way to help. So, yeah, adjusting forum topic tags is a big thing. Plus the basics like screening new members for bots/trolls, handling basic forum moderation... Overall, the 'moderator' side is super light. The tidiness aspect is probably more important. :3

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
Re: [Announcement] Moderator Recruitment
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 11:23:16 PM »
I will be reviewing and making decisions on moderator recruitment in just a few more weeks. If anyone else wants to apply, please do so. :) Thanks everyone.