Author Topic: A Goodbye to You All  (Read 331 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline CC007

• Elder Dragon
  • Tickle, tickle, tickle~
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Elephants and octopuses
A Goodbye to You All
« on: May 09, 2020, 12:34:31 PM »
Edit: In retrospect, I probably should have posted this on Real Life Lounge... but what's done is done.

I guess you can tell from the subject of this topic that you know I'm about to say the dreaded words: I'm leaving Sneezefurs.

Let me share you why. I don't want to be like a number of those people who mysteriously vanished without a trace from the site due to some unnamed issue.

When I first got to Sneezefurs, I read a lot of the stories here. They made me feel good and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the feeling reading and thinking about sneezing gave me. Soon after I realised I had developed a fetish out of it and my imagination ran wild. I started making content myself, creating stories and testing it out on my art and made friends here, roleplaying with them. It felt unbelievable.

Now, a few years after that, I don't feel that way anymore. It's not that I lost my fetish; that's not something you can just erase from your brain, especially when fetishes have sexual ties to you. It's just that it no longer 'felt' right. It was around that time I suddenly stopped writing stories, because I always kept thinking about it. I tried making several stories but none of them made it to the finish line. It was because of my hesitation, my doubt, my uncertainty, and above all, my guilt.

At the beginning of all this, I embraced these feelings and accepted it as part of my own. A few years from then on, I see that I walked the wrong path. Turns out this place I called a second home no longer felt that way to me. These feelings are personal solely to me and not because someone made me change my mind. I'm not calling any of the others here 'misguided' or 'astray'. I see that you all are set on walking this path and have devoted your hearts out for it, and I respect that. I won't condemn any of you for it, and I won't blame anyone for playing a factor in my fetish's growth.

Finally, I wish to say sorry to all the people I've interacted with, made friends of, and roleplayed with. I know it isn't easy to say goodbye. I also wish to say sorry to everyone who hoped I would write their story suggestions that I've asked for several times. I think, looking back, it was a way for me to find something to cling to in this community, because a piece of me still wants to be here.

But no more. I don't wish to be haunted by these feelings anymore.

To all of you, I say goodbye. This will the last post I make. I'll still reply to anyone who wants to say a parting though, but nothing else.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 12:37:05 PM by CC007 »
I try to do my best, even if I'm not the best.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
Re: A Goodbye to You All
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 08:44:25 PM »
Well, thank you for taking the time to post. I have heard people develop such feelings towards their fetish before. It can be tough to put so much focus on something, have expectations for it, etc. And I'm sure it doesn't help that the forum isn't too active anymore. It's really more of an archive at this point and I'm just happy to have the site still around. People come in, discover things from the past, lurk, and occasionally post. But it's not the place it used to be and it likely never will be again. At the same time, other sites aren't the place this place was either. They are their own thing, with their own cultures.

You can still lurk. You can still revisit. Nothing has to be final unless you're literally dying right now. But by all means, take the time to sort through real life, sort through your emotions, and realize that, as far as I'm concerned, we never put any pressure on ya. :3 You come here because it's fun. When it's not fun, take a break, change your routines, etc. Even if it takes years, we'll still be here. Probably. :)
Flower, flower, feather, fox.

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline TheLurker

• Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Don't really have one, but my favorite animal is a dragon
Re: A Goodbye to You All
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 09:16:22 PM »
I can't say that I really knew you that well, but I did think your stories were awesome, some of them being favorites of mine, and I'll be sad to see you go, and I'm sure many others will too. I'm glad you decided to let us know what is happening, so we wouldn't be left all confused, and I completely understand and respect your decision.