Author Topic: Quest for Camelot anyone?  (Read 148 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Mysterygirl400

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Cats and cockroaches
Quest for Camelot anyone?
« on: October 05, 2020, 02:41:55 AM »
So, I recently watched that old Warner Bros. movie Quest for Camelot. And yeah...it's not that good. So many baffling decisions in this film. Honestly, if they didn't rip off Disney so much or at the very least they made it a parody of a Disney movie like Shrek, I would have liked it more. Oh well. I was still more entertained by it than the borefest King Arthur adaptation Disney actually did make.

Anyway, if there's one thing I did enjoy from this forgotten failed flick, it's the dragons, Devon and Cornwall. A lot of people found them annoying and pointless, but I dunno, I kinda liked them. Yeah, they definitely have their moments of being cringeworthy, such as their incessant need to make pop cultural references, but honestly, I've seen worse comic relief characters (the gargoyles from Hunchback come to mind). Plus, their song is one of the best songs in the movie's soundtrack and I love everything about it. Well, except for the ending, that part just ruins it for me. And once again, the pop culture references are really distracting, which is why when I listen to the song, I ignore the visuals. Think most people can agree that the songs in this movie are best listened to out-of-context anyway.

So, originally, I was going to post the clip of the griffon sneeze from this movie, but then I realized we already had it archived. Said clip would have been used as an excuse just to talk about how much I would have rather seen one or both of the dragons sneeze instead. Especially Devon, since he's played by Eric Idle. Seriously, I keep imagining how sneezing works for these guys. Would it be like with Zak and Wheezie where if one head is about to sneeze the other will sneeze instead? They're also flame-retardant most of the time, so how would their sneezes affect that? Dang, I wish there was some fanart or something of at least Devon sneezing but there's nothing  :(. I dunno, what does everyone else think?