Author Topic: [Unlocated] Sesame Street - Unknown - M - Snuffy - Cold - "Snuffle Blow-ling"  (Read 6070 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline AMTW03

• Benevolent Writing Dragon
  • Elder Dragon
  • Fursona: Wolf
So, I doubt we'll be able to locate this one.  But, I wanted to at least ask if someone knows what episode this is.  It kind of started it all for me.  :)

Snuffy is bedridden by a cold, so his friends all come to visit him in his cave.  He tells them about how he's been passing the time by playing "Snuffle Blow-ling".  He points out a set of big bowling pins on the other side of the room.

When Big Bird asks if he needs a ball to knock them down, Snuffy says no.  He has to wait for "the urge".  After a minute or so, Snuffy excitedly declares that he's getting "the urge", and tells everyone to stand back.

A very long, quiet buildup ensues.  Snuffy huffs and wheezes under his breath for a solid 30 seconds or so.  You almost don't know what's happening, when suddenly he let out a huge sneeze!  He knocks over a bunch of the pins, to everyone's surprise and delight.  They urge him to try again, and knock down the rest of the pins.  He does so multiple times during the episode, with the same slow, drawn out, sneezy buildup  ;D

To this day, I cannot find the slightest trace of this episode on the internet!  I have scoured Muppet Wiki, and haven't been able to locate it.  Does anyone by chance know what episode this was?  All I know is that I saw it when I was really little (late 80s, early 90s).  It may have been a rerun, I don't know.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Offline RyuunosukeKuorsawa96

• Playful Wolf
    • ( - .finaldraft )
I found the episode on the muppet wiki: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2251

Finding the episode itself may not be easy, however, finding a good quality one may be much more of a chore.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 01:19:43 AM by RyuunosukeKuorsawa96 »

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
I'll be darned!!!  ;D ;D

I'm glad I made this post.  You found something in a matter of hours that I've been looking for, for years!  Lol, thank you so much!  :)

Yeah, I agree.  Finding the episode probably will be difficult.  If anyone somehow manages to, please let me know!  I'd almost put a bounty on this xD

Offline Mysterygirl400

• Playful Wolf
  • Fursona: Cats and cockroaches
I think this is the episode you're looking for. It matches your description:

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2513

Offline CC007

• Elder Dragon
  • Tickle, tickle, tickle~
  • Fursona: Elephants and octopuses
Weird, there are 2 people who are showing 2 different episodes (with the same plot somehow) and both say that it's the episode you're looking for. XD
I try to do my best, even if I'm not the best.

Offline Chikara

• Canid Leaders
  • Elder Dragon
Could be that they re-used it in a later episode?

Offline CC007

• Elder Dragon
  • Tickle, tickle, tickle~
  • Fursona: Elephants and octopuses
Could be that they re-used it in a later episode?

I was thinking that, but since I'm not a Muppets or Sesame Street fan, not being born in that timeframe, I dunno how they air the show.
I try to do my best, even if I'm not the best.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona: Red Fox
"Sesame Street
Plot   Snuffy has the snuffle-flu
repeat of 2251"

It's both. :)
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
"Sesame Street
Plot   Snuffy has the snuffle-flu
repeat of 2251"

It's both. :)

Correct! :)  Not long after I received the first reply, I saw that this was also used in another episode.  I'm not surprised, as it seems like Sesame Street recycles a lot of their material.

Although, I think it's awesome that multiple people were able to find this.  Thank you all again! :D

Offline tarotgal

• Contributing Writer
  • Playful Wolf
Oh, I love that episode :-) Snuffy so sick and his trunk all stuffed. That was super formative for me as well.

I hope you don't mind my jumping into this thread with my own question, but there's a Snuffy scene (or more than one?) I've always wondered about. I have a strong memory of an episode where there was a puppet show, and having the puppet on the end of his snuffle made it tickle so much he finally sneezed and the puppet flew off.

I've never been able to find a clip or reference to this. Anyone remember it or know where I could find it? It's possible it was just in my head, but the image is so clear in my mind...

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers Snuffy having a cold! :) Yeah that episode was great.

I don't mind you jumping in at all! Hmm, you know what? I don't think I've ever seen that episode (or episodes), but somewhere I think I've read about it...it might have been on your website, lol xD

Do you have any idea how long ago you may have seen it? That may give you a clue as to what time frame to look at on Muppet Wiki :p

Offline tarotgal

• Contributing Writer
  • Playful Wolf
It was some time in the '80s, I believe. Maybe early '80s? But it might also have been a repeat of a show from the '70s. That was back in the day when summer repeats were still a thing!

Offline blinky

• Playful Wolf
  • Fursona: Wuzzle
Finding the episode probably will be difficult.  If anyone somehow manages to, please let me know

Good news everyone XD
I've found the infamous episode, #2251  ;D

Scene 1 https://www.mediafire.com/file/mzhw1t6zs12ypjs/2251_prt1.mp4/file
Scene 2 https://www.mediafire.com/file/pnokpvp6ir5thxb/2251_prt2.mp4/file
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 01:06:36 AM by blinky »

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
really great find ^^ thank you!

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
Good news everyone XD
I've found the infamous episode, #2251  ;D

Scene 1 https://www.mediafire.com/file/mzhw1t6zs12ypjs/2251_prt1.mp4/file
Scene 2 https://www.mediafire.com/file/pnokpvp6ir5thxb/2251_prt2.mp4/file

O.O ...AHHHHHHH!!! Oh my gosh, you are my hero right now! :D Thank you so much! I never thought I'd see this again. It's just as good as I remember!

Where did you find these? :)

Offline blinky

• Playful Wolf
It's just as good as I remember!
Where did you find these? :)

Great! So glad you enjoyed the clips  ;D
I just stumbled across someone on Youtube with classic episodes, and they sent me one from the list I'm looking for^^

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
Great! So glad you enjoyed the clips  ;D
I just stumbled across someone on Youtube with classic episodes, and they sent me one from the list I'm looking for^^

No kidding! That's awesome. :D Well thank you once again.

Offline blinky

• Playful Wolf
That's awesome. :D Well thank you once again.

Another person who uploads vintage episodes just recently posted the skit scenes for 2251, if you'd like to see everything in context XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivRv96Emkhw

Offline AMTW03

• Elder Dragon
Another person who uploads vintage episodes just recently posted the skit scenes for 2251, if you'd like to see everything in context XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivRv96Emkhw

Wow! :D I feel like I'm reliving my childhood right now, lol. Thanks! I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
hope we're lucky enough to find more :)