Author Topic: SFM Animation Test [M - Tails]  (Read 487 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please stop by the forum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other forums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Heathen

• Benevolent Dragon
  • Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Bat
SFM Animation Test [M - Tails]
« on: March 17, 2021, 08:47:56 PM »
I wanted to try my hand at animation, and after a good few attempts trying to create something worth sharing, I think I've finally got a decent result. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Offline RyuunosukeKuorsawa96

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: SFM Animation Test [M - Tails]
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 09:30:37 PM »
Hehehe! X3 Gesundheit Tails!

That looks great!

Offline UltimateChimera

• Crafty Fox
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Varied
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 10:45:44 PM »
Goodness gracious!!~
Even without my usual sneeze fetish triggers, the expression on Tails' face, the slow worsening wince until that sneeze crests are super good!!~
That's actually a really expressive model, you used it well~

All of the body moves at once, and it looks absurdly natural! And that's super hard to do~
The jerking movement of the tails, the craning of the head. The way the shoulders hunch directly before the sneeze, and the way the entire body sort of thrusts forward; and how the legs remain stable but still react with the rest of the body. You covered all the bases and it actually looks fantastic. Like, in general~
Coochie coo, you'll sneeze soon~

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 11:49:48 PM »
Definitely good. Only thing I'd claim to be missing is additional build-up. ;) As you get better with these things, it can be fun to add extra details like nose wiggles, ear motion, and finding the looping points to make it more complex. I know with video games there's a lot of subtleties to creating animation loops where it transitions naturally, returns to neutral, combos into extra actions, etc. Haven't studied it directly though; such things always left me confused by the end of it.
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Heathen

• Benevolent Dragon
  • Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Bat
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 01:01:49 AM »
Thank you all so much! I'm glad that you guys enjoyed this.

Only thing I'd claim to be missing is additional build-up. ;)

I agree that there could have been more time for build-up and other details. I really needed to get something finished and uploaded, or I'd be tweaking the animation forever.  :P

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 01:27:17 AM »
Hahaha, yes, that tends to be a risk with these things. As I said, still very solid. You can even put these things together with different angles, huh?

Btw there's some sort of evolution of the gif format popping up recently. APNG I think? Don't know much about it but it's sort of uncompressed so the filesizes might be a bit extreme. Just a fun tech thing.
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline sneezyserpent

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: snake
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 01:53:10 AM »
Animation of any kind takes time and energy to do. There are different programs and tools, and I think you found one that is cool =)

Some people focus on just faces, other people work with the entire character model. What you did here with Tails is great to see! I love how you did the detail of his hands reacting to the expressions you did. The expressions themselves move in a good way, and true to his name, the tails he has are really fun to see here.

Thank you for taking time creating this =) I like what you did a lot! ^^