Author Topic: Existensial crisis  (Read 325 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline ShyItches

• Young Kitten
  • I'm little shy...
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Small dragon of Wyrven species.
Existensial crisis
« on: May 10, 2021, 09:07:39 PM »
At the moment i dont know what else to do, so i figured maybe i can take some of that pressure off my back here, thou i'm not sure if there is anyone around here anymore anyway, but even if nobody will see this, atleast i've gotten my thoughts somewhere out of my head.

So, i've been lurking here quite long time, just reading stuff hoping to get inspired to post my own art and stuff, but i'm really shy and i usually ruin my efforts even before anyone else gets to see any of my art, selfdoubt is strong. Lately i've noticed that there is very few people still coming here and i was wondering, where has everyone else gone? I know i'm really late on things, mainly because i dont really know where i would fit and connecting with others really frightens me.
I've had so many bad experiences that i tend to make thorough study of others before i even dare to say anything, but now i'm not sure if there is point to post here, is anybody going to see it? Or is it more like just adding something into a void.
I dont really have any friends who i could discuss of sneezes with or roleplay or inspire to make art of said topic. I feel so isolated of the community, if there even is one anymore.

I suppose there was discord server at one point, but i never got in there and i dont know if the links even work anymore or if there even is anyone.
Just feels like i'm walking in ruins of once magnificent and friendly place, but it's almost completely abandoned now.
I dont want to move to the other fetish forums, i've account there, but the place just never felt friendly towards newbies and i havent found any other places where i could try to socialize around the topic.

Sorry for the long post, i just really dont know what to do at this point.
Should i try to become more active or just give up?
Please don't yell at me ;-;

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
Re: Existensial crisis
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 10:03:02 AM »
I was hoping someone else would leave a comment, because I am curious what view everyone else has. I'm not sure it's my place to reply to this topic.

I know there's been drama in the past, and a general evolution of how people use the internet. People's tastes change, people get busy, the spark is gone, etc. This has always been a more mellow atmosphere. Like you say, there can be a very cliquish and almost obsessive atmosphere at some of the other places.

I know we do have people who still visit. But a lot of people migrated to Discord, or to PSF. I think some of those Discords still function, but I've always been fairly anti-social and I keep who I am here separate from who I am elsewhere. So I never went to socialize at places like those...

I think there's an overall social burnout for a LOT of people, on a LOT of topics. Life is difficult, and each year seems to be more draining and more depressing. What I hope is that every member we've had, now and in the past, is able to find a place they're able to be happy. I wish I could do more to make this one of those places, but I know my limits, and I know that what people want these days is either privacy or distraction... I do miss some of what used to be, though. Back when the internet was a lot different.
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Heathen

• Benevolent Dragon
  • Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Bat
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 04:02:27 AM »
I'm also late when it comes to joining this community, and I've wondered many of the same things you have. I've wondered if there is place for me here, or if I had managed to miss the whole thing just as I have missed out on many other things in my life. I know people see things that are posted here, even if they don't respond. The interactions I've had after becoming more active around here and other places helped me feel like I belong somewhere, even if it's just a niche little group, it still fulfilled that need for community.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 04:25:16 AM »
There's no 'reactions' on here so, hopefully this reply will make you guys feel better:

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▓▒░░░░░░░░▒███████████████
███████████▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒█████████████
██████████▒░░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓███████████
█████████░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░▒██████████
████████░░░░▓█┌┌██░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░█▓┌┌┌██░░░░░░░░░░░▒████████
██████░░░░░░▓▓┌┌┌┌█▒░░░░░░░░░░░▓███████
████▓░░░░░░░░█┌┌┌┌┌█░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
████░░░░░░░░░█▒┌┌┌┌█▓░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█████
███▓░░░░░░░░░█▓┌┌┌┌▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███░░░░░░░░░░▓█┌┌┌┌░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓████
██▓░░░░░░░░░░▓█┌┌┌┌▒█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
██▒░░░░░░░░░░▒█┌┌┌┌▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓███
██░░░░░░░░░░░▒█┌┌┌┌▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒███
█▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓█┌┌┌┌█▓░░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░███
█▒░░░░░░░░░░░█▓┌┌┌┌▓█████████▓░░░░░░███
█░░░░░░░░░░░░█░┌┌┌┌┌█▒┌┌┌┌░▒███▓░░░░███
█░░░░░░░░░░░▓█┌┌┌┌┌┌█┌┌┌┌░▓▓┌┌▒██░░░███
█░░░░░░░░░░░█▒┌┌┌┌┌┌█░┌▓██▓▒┌┌┌┌██░░███
█░░░░░░░░░░▓█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█┌▓█▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█░░███
█░░░░░░░░░▒█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌░██▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌░█░░███
█░░░░░░░░░█▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒█▓░░███
█░░░░░░░░░█░┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█░┌██▒┌┌┌▒██▓▒█░░███
█░░░░░░░░▒█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌░███████░┌┌█▒░███
█░░░░░░░░▓█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓▓░███
█░░░░░░░░█▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█▓░███
█░░░░░████▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌░█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒██░░███
█░░░░▓██▓█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██▓░┌░▒▓██▓█▓░░███
█░░░░██┌┌█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌░▓▒██████▓┌┌┌█░░███
█▓░░░█▒┌░█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒█░░███
██░░░█▒┌┌█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█▓░▒███
██▒░░▓▓┌┌█▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█░┌██▒┌┌┌┌┌░██░░████
███░░▒█┌┌▒█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█┌┌┌▓███▓████▒░░████
███░░░█▓┌┌█▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█▒┌┌┌┌▓███▓░█░░▓████
███▓░░▒█┌┌┌█▓┌┌┌┌┌┌▒█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓█░░█████
█████░░░█▓┌┌┌▓██▓┌┌┌┌█▓░┌┌┌▒██▒░░██████
█████▓░░░██┌┌┌█████▒┌┌▓█████▓░░░███████
██████░░░░█████▒░▒████████▓░░░░▓███████
███████░░░░▓██▓░░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░▒████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒█████████
██████████▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓███████████
████████████▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒█████████████

Small groups are fine. Not everyone wants to be seen, not everyone wants big groups. Sometimes small messages are more than enough even if they aren't overly important. Things like that. :)

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Offline ShyItches

• Young Kitten
  • I'm little shy...
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: Small dragon of Wyrven species.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 10:43:31 PM »
True, i dont feel too cozy in large groups, but i also dont want to look like i'm flooding the forums  :-[
Wouldnt feel right, but maybe others will become more active around here again,after they've taken some time for themselves, i guess we just need to wait and see.
I'm just really hoping this wont turn out like the PokeFarms once were, i stayed there to the end and never moved back to the new site. It just didn't have that fun,cozy feel that the first one had.
Please don't yell at me ;-;

Offline kiku

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona Species: I'm not sure what a fursona is, but I like cats a lot.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 12:18:47 AM »
Hi @ShyItches and everyone else who reads this, I just read your posts and would like to leave a quick reply. If you like, I'll always be happy to discuss sneezy topics and anything else.  :) I'm sorry I haven't been here for some time, I've been busy with all kinds of stuff, but I definitely want to be more active here too as much as I can. I'm planning to post some stories here soon.
I really enjoy getting in touch with people who share my love for sneezes (and other things), so please feel free to drop me a line.  :)

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 01:18:56 AM »
I think there's probably a lot of people who are just starting to feel the strangeness of the last year wearing off, and realizing just how isolated they've been. I hope that we can make this place a little more fun than it has been. To do that, it does take interaction and engagement, which can't be a constant thing. So it would be awesome, for those who are reading this, that you take the time to reply to the topics you enjoy, share the things you find, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help make the place more welcoming.