Author Topic: Why Furry Characters Sneezing vs Human Sneezing?  (Read 560 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline AMTW03

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona: Wolf
Why Furry Characters Sneezing vs Human Sneezing?
« on: April 07, 2022, 09:46:02 PM »
Alright, I think we're due for a good discussion topic on here. :) Not sure if this has been covered before, but it would still be good to revisit.

So, I've been very happy to find that there's so many others like me who have this odd fetish combination (furry characters and sneezing). I'm curious though what the appeal of it is for everyone else. Like what is it about anthropomorphic animal characters sneezing that interests you? Do you prefer it to human sneezes? And if so, why?

I'll start. I've always been fascinated with the concept of an anthro animal sneeze, given that an anthro typically has a bigger and longer nose. More surface area that could potentially be tickled. xD Also, the fact that animals have more sensitive noses. Both of these things mean more potential for a sneeze... and for a BIGGER sneeze! Lol. So I definitely prefer them over humans.

Also, I love anthro characters to begin with. And it's definitely more enticing if the sneezer is good looking, or if they have a great nose xD

Anyway, look forward to hearing some responses on this!

Offline Warlock3687

• Fresh Flower
    • View Profile
  • Fursona: Lion
Re: Why Furry Characters Sneezing vs Human Sneezing?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 05:11:39 AM »
I can relate to what you said, another thing for me is seeing how their muzzles/snouts react to a sneeze, shivering,scrunching and final blowing and how messy it ca get ! And yeah it is an interesting discussion.

Offline Daphine

• Crafty Fox
    • View Profile
  • Fursona: Scooby Doo
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 05:23:59 PM »
Very interesting discussion. I think I might have seen this topic before but like you said it is interesting to revisit it.

Of course I can only talk about one certain furry character and I'm sure by now almost everyone knows who that is 😊. For me my love of sneezing almost always comes from the situation the sneezer finds themselves in. The worst the situation the better. My true loves are sneezing while hiding and sneeze torture. Unfortunately these are situations we seldom see in the real world so cartoon characters will get my attention. I also love big desperate buildups followed by powerful sneezes. These are things that we will find in the real world but let's face it cartoons almost always do it better. I also agree with the others that nose size and its ability to move and scrunch up is also huge to me.

Offline SnEeZy

• Librarian Mouse of Sneezefinds
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 01:06:47 PM »
anthro characters are easier on the eyes :P lol jk

plus it's probably because we were raised on furry-type characters since our youth. we grew up on the minerva minks and maid marians or bugs bunnys and pepe le pews, and they remain with us. we can think of scenarios in our head about episodes that don't exist, or comic plots that never came out. just seems easier and more fun.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 01:09:18 PM by SnEeZy »

Offline Chikara

• Canid Leaders
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 09:25:09 AM »
I'm just not attacted to humans. Simple as that.

Offline Y31

• Mischievous little kitty
  • Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
  • Too creative for his own good
    • View Profile
  • Fursona: Housecat
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 07:10:29 PM »
A lot of it for me is variety.  There's only so much you can do with a human nose, animals have a lot more in terms of styles to mess around with.  Besides, there's also a lot more variety available in furry character designs with all the different species available whereas with humans you don't have too many tricks beyond skin color, hairstyle and color, maybe tattoos? 

Offline AMTW03

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 02:12:24 AM »
Wow! All great responses. ^^ Thank you all for chiming in!

Quite a variety of feedback on this topic. I'm pleasantly surprised. :) One common theme here seems to be the whole cartoon aspect, which is something that I didn't cover in my post.

It's very true that cartoons sneezes are a lot more fun. They're always so exaggerated! Both in terms of an overly dramatic buildup, as well as size. Also, cartoons tend to bring about those amusing, creative scenarios, such as sneezing while hiding, tickle torture, etc. And of course, so many beloved cartoon characters just so happen to be animal characters, so I guess it's natural that we're drawn to furry characters sneezing, after growing up watching all of that. XD

And I LOVE what was said about how furry muzzles are bigger, and have more room to scrunch, twitch, contort and so on. That's definitely a big part of it for me. Oh and, I also love what was said about variety, where animal characters have so many different characteristics and attributes that can come into play. Never thought of that! Definitely allows for some creativity

Offline kiku

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona: I'm not sure what a fursona is, but I like cats a lot.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 07:39:38 PM »
I agree to what most of you folks here said - it's those big, wonderful, sensitive noses!  With terrific nostrils!  :D
I'm into both human and furry sneezes. But as much as I enjoy looking at a nice sneezy nose of a human, there is this "special something" about the sensitive muzzle - or snout - and nostrils of a horse or a dog... and the sensitive trunk of an elephant lady.  :)

Offline StrongestSneeze

• Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2022, 02:18:10 PM »
For me it's only about the kind of sneeze, don't a furry or not furry matter.
I like so much powerful sneezes, especially when causes destruction or creates "sneeze of doom" situations. In fact for human usually I prefer giant characters, especially female or old style cartoon where maybe the character blows away someone else or herself by sneezing.
In fact my favourite are always big animals like hippos, elephant, whale, dragons..and they have no furs..  ???

Big and long build up makes me excited, more if the character try to hold it back.  ;D
I grew up with Disney Cartoon like most of you, so Pluto, Monstro and their big sneezes are my godfathers!  8)

Offline sneezyserpent

• Benevolent Writing Dragon
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona: snake
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2022, 10:50:52 PM »
I love listening/reading what other people enjoy. This question is a great question!

Why is a great word that not many people talk about. I like ____. Most people just like something without thinking why XD

I enjoy both human and furry sneezing. I enjoy seeing the cause of why a sneeze happens. Seeing the nostrils twitch, the nose itself sniffing, the sounds of a building urge, the need growing, the urgency, the lack of control, a blush on the cheeks because of a sneeze, the hair/ears/tail reacting to the different phases of a sneeze. There is a LOT of possibility of how a sneeze could be drawn.

A sneeze is a mystery to me, and I love seeing that mystery be solved when a sneeze does get released ^^

An anthro/animal/furry character has a lot of possible variations and differences that could happen with how a sneeze happens and is shown. The noses/snouts/trunks/muzzles themselves can be different too.

Human character sneeze situations have a natural understanding and is easier to relate with.   

Offline AMTW03

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2022, 03:53:05 AM »
Happy to see this thread is still active ^_^

Wow! Did not expect such a broad variety of answers on this. I can definitely relate to the concept of sensitive snouts and terrific nostrils on anthros.

The "sneeze of doom" concept is an interesting point, too. I agree, big destructive sneezes are always among my faves. So much potential for "oh no!" moments, enormous buildups, and desperate attempts at holding back. Obviously, there's a lot more potential for this with big animals like dragons, elephants, whales, etc. which is another bonus with anthros.

I think it's easy to have been drawn towards this concept too, as we saw a lot of this growing up. As was mentioned, there's a lot of powerful sneezes in Disney/kids' stuff. ("Stand back," said the elephant, "I'm going to sneeze" was one of my favorite books as a kid, lol).

I LOVE what was said about how a sneeze is a mystery, which gets solved when it's released. Indeed, anthro characters have a lot of potential for different ways the sneeze could happen.

Thank you all again for replying! Loving this discussion :)