Author Topic: [M] Blender Animation Test  (Read 391 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Heathen

• Benevolent Dragon
  • Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona: Bat
[M] Blender Animation Test
« on: April 12, 2022, 09:06:32 AM »
So it's probably been a year or more since I've actually worked on any animations, so I decided to get back into it with something simple. This time you get the pleasure of having two angles as opposed to the usual one, however I didnt feel like doing any editing so I uploaded them separately.  :P   Here's hoping I can get back into doing these more often, as there's much more potential here now that I know a bit more about how this software works. Anyways I hope you guys enjoy this.

EDIT: I couldn't stand leaving it as is and modified it a little to put more emphasis on the sneeze.

New video:
https://youtu.be/PTR4HXU8Q_c

The original videos:
https://youtu.be/RGkgOuDvvLY
https://youtu.be/5uQi_hucbHE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 05:18:16 PM by Heathen »

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona: Red Fox
Re: [M] Blender Animation Test
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 12:38:53 PM »
Oh neat. Lots going on, so I know that was tough. Smooth is good for the build-up, but there's probably not enough snap to the choo part. Body language overall is quite nice. That program support any fur texturing, or maybe that's another step to learn on top of all the rest...

I tried learning a bit about some basic program-related stuff, finding pointers or something 'simple', and it went way over my head almost instantly. I know there's tons of moving parts with modern computer stuff but I just can't 'get' it the way I can get most things.
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Heathen

• Benevolent Dragon
  • Young Kitten
    • View Profile
  • Fursona: Bat
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 03:12:49 PM »
Ah yes I was worried about the movement of the actual sneeze. It's one of those things where it looks fine when you're working on it, but as soon as you go to share it the flaws seem glaringly obvious. Oh well, always something to improve on in the future. I might tweak this one further and reupload it if I make any significant changes, but it's probably better to move on to new projects.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona: Red Fox
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 01:36:25 AM »
For sure. Stare at something long enough and it will never manage to look 'just right'. A frustrating feeling, but either you worry about it endlessly or you push forward.

I see there's a new edit there. Definitely an improvement. The instant it swaps from build to sneeze is one of those extra fast moments of motion. A sudden jerk. Finding that sweet spot with movement for that component can really boost how things like this look.
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline kiku

• Playful Wolf
    • View Profile
  • Fursona: I'm not sure what a fursona is, but I like cats a lot.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 07:23:45 PM »
Great job, @heathen! Thanks for sharing.

Offline AMTW03

• Contributing Writer
  • Elder Dragon
    • View Profile
  • Fursona: Wolf
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 08:20:24 PM »
These are awesome!! :D You did such a great job on these. I've dabbled a bit in editing Unity/Blender models, and I can really appreciate how much effort this must have taken ^^

I absolutely love the buildup, the Sneezy expression, and the nose touch before the actual release. I agree, there's some room for improvement on the sneeze itself. Maybe a harder forward head snap, and a more contorted face? Just some feedback

This is still way better than anything I could ever make. Thanks for sharing! :)

Offline Erudork

• Erudork
  • Contributing Artist
  • Elder Dragon
  • So just watch what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Erudi on dA
  • Fursona: Dog (Silken Windhound)
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2022, 05:29:21 PM »
Super impressed by this!! It looks awesome!
I've been posting content on sneezefurs since 2013. ^^

Lately, I'm mainly posting commissions. Thank you all so much for commissioning! It helps me a lot!
Commission Prices: https://sta.sh/0tr9wjgbji4
FurAffinity: https://www.furaffinity.net/user/reeflex/