Author Topic: Fave Tezuka Furs  (Read 692 times)

Welcome to sneezefurs.org. We strive to be an active, open, and friendly community. Please visit the subforum called "I'm New Here" to introduce yourself and share why you joined. Posts in the "I'm New Here" forum are never removed, but other subforums are subject to occasional pruning.

Additionally, the video gallery and archived topic subforums will not become available for you until you have made at least one post.

This message will be hidden after you have made at least one post.

Offline Gastronauts

• Young Kitten
  • Fursona: Harpy Eagle
Fave Tezuka Furs
« on: October 29, 2022, 12:15:25 AM »
Sooooo I’m a huge Tezuka fan, but nowadays a lot of his stuff tends to be pretty obscure, especially in English. I’m a bit of a datahoarder and try to keep files of as much of his stuff as I can, I’m always checking to see if anything new to download pops up. Anyway, I thought I’d share some of my favorite Tezuka furs, from media not everyone has easy access too. Kimba shouldn't be the only one in the spotlight, after all! I think I’ll start the thread with just one character and then add to it as I find more faves.

First up is two cute fox characters from Tales from the Old Testament! It’s a rather interesting anime, it was commissioned by the Vatican, and Tezuka passed before the pilot film was finished. It follows, as the title says, the Christian old testament, but with the addition of a comic relief fox. The main fox character we see most of the time is Rocco, but there’s another cute fox she has kids with.

https://i.imgur.com/7DN2mns.png

I was kinda surprised, Rocco is clearly a girl and talks with a feminine voice later in the series, and her mate is also very clearly a girl too. Usually you see character designers bend over backwards to ensure everyone knows this one’s a boy and this one’s a girl (especially so in an episode that’s the Christian creation myth), but I’m very glad Tezuka wasn’t afraid to give us two lesbian foxes. I don’t know if the other has a name, but she licks Rocco’s hurt leg and they share a meal together ^_^

https://i.imgur.com/LnOSi0i.png
https://i.imgur.com/2xXmg2U.png

They even have a cute kiss (for just one frame!) at the end of the ep

https://i.imgur.com/LguNcD4.png

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona: Red Fox
Re: Fave Tezuka Furs
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 07:43:35 AM »
That's really cool. Thanks so much for sharing something like this. I love hearing about obscure things, especially foxes. I'll need to be sure to look this up. I don't think it's Tezuka, but the most recent topic I posted was about an anime that's from that era overall. There's a lot of other obscure anime of the furry type that didn't manage to make it into proper circulation. Tetsunoshin never finished getting subtitled, for one. A bit older than Tezuka stuff but still.
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!

Offline Gastronauts

• Young Kitten
  • Fursona: Harpy Eagle
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 05:46:44 PM »
Wansa kun is indeed Tezuka! I should've mentioned, I actually translate some of his mangas as a hobby. I started with Microid S (no furs in that one, but it does contain 2 inch tall bug people!!) and I'm currently translating Futureman Kaos, which features an alien dog I'll post about later. I haven't translated the chapter he debuts in yet, but he's a somewhat major character. You can find both of those on Mangadex.

Also, I learned that Rocco was actually cut out of the American dub. Sad, though I can see why, she's a comic relief character who ends up interrupting the main story a lot. She totally makes up for it by being cute though, imo.

Offline Furry-Sneezes

• The Head Fox
  • Elder Dragon
    • The Furry Sneezing Archive
  • Fursona: Red Fox
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 01:43:47 AM »
Well torrent links etc are more than welcome around these parts. Especially for obscure stuff. Don't be afraid to provide direct linkage. And I'd imagine that person/group poking at Wansa would be happy to have chats too / have extra support.
Flower, flower, feather, fox. <-- Link finally works!

I'm the forum's admin and site owner. Send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns.

1295 files in the Art & Story Archive
1844 files in the Video Archive

Thank you everyone for helping to gather as many pictures and clips as we have!